"Scottsdale" Scottsdale by MDUBYAZ
Scottsdale Travel Guide: 265 reviews and 642 photos
Ah, beautiful Camelback Mountain. As you are flying into the Valley, it is dead in the center of everything. (A wonderful hike for beginners, advanced, and even 75 yr old fathers) More and more I hear that Scottsdale is where the beatiful people spend their time. Not entirely true. There are snobby parts, but rustic parts (Pinnacle Peak, Tortilla Flats) as well.
If you come in the summer time, well, uh sorry to hear that (but if you can handle 115+ there are great deals on hotels.) But really the greater Phoenix area is best enjoyed outdoors when things start to cool off...like late October to May. Hiking, walking, dining, and yes even drinking outdoors. If you are a fan of golfing, the Valley has courses for all budgets. More than happy to share my experiences with them.
Day trips that are worth the trip include Sedona, Prescott and Flagstaff, great summer getaways (Sedona can get hot). Enjoy and ask away if you're coming to town. Being a native, I have a pretty good idea of things to do for all ages.
Happy hour...I know, probably not saying a lot about the cosmopolitan feel of the area. However, one of the best cities around for good deals at dinner, both in price and fun. Typically everything(appetizers, sushi, shrimp, burgers) is half off, in some places, beer only a $1. Restaurants and bars have become ultra competitive for this demographic. Usually lasts from 4-7. Most of places are packed, so get in early. And for those of you snobs, myself included, that only drink top shelf stuff, the place pictured SAPPORRO has every brand of liquor, beer, wine, etc listed on the happy hour menu. Let the fun begin (but please call a taxi.)
Day drinking, people watching, golf, repeat four times. I you visit in January, you must come on a Friday to this event, even if you despise golf. This year we topped the old record of 200,000 on Saturday alone, but that is probably because we just hosted the SUPER BOWL as well! A very proud moment for Arizona!
- Pros:Flashy, friendly, fun
- Cons:Hot in summer and poor public transport
Nightclubs come and go but SIX is nice because it isnt a club and it isnt a lounge. It is in the netherworld of both... more travel advice
So this is one of the newer, cool places to go in Scottsdale, a bit North of most of the action. If Spanish wines are... more travel advice
MDUBYAZ's Related Pages
Scottsdale Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "High End in the MIddle of the metro region"
- "Jumping Around Scottsdale!"
- "Scottsdale, Arizona"
- "Scottsdale Has Grown Beyond Belief"
- "susie margaret and scottsdale, arizona, USA"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Scottsdale
- Hotels in Scottsdale
- Transportation in Scottsdale
- Nightlife in Scottsdale
- Restaurants in Scottsdale
- Shopping in Scottsdale
- Warnings and Dangers in Scottsdale
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Scottsdale
- 9 Reviews
- 26 Photos
- 1 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (2)
Have you been to Scottsdale?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Scottsdale
Photos in ScottsdaleSee All Photos (26)
Top 10 Pages
- Scottsdale Intro, 9 reviews, 26 photos
- Oslo Intro, 9 reviews, 24 photos
- London Intro, 4 reviews, 15 photos
- Helsinki Intro, 7 reviews, 12 photos
- Louisville Intro, 2 reviews, 10 photos
- Paris Intro, 2 reviews, 9 photos
- Kempten Intro, 1 review, 8 photos
- Cabo San Lucas Intro, 1 review, 7 photos
- Rio de Janeiro Intro, 2 reviews, 6 photos
- Prescott Intro, 2 reviews, 6 photos