"ON THE ROAD..." MDUBYAZ's Profile

Introduction

I guess my desire to travel really evolved from my inability to sit still. In my early years this would often find me wandering around shopping malls as my mother frantically looked for me. In fact one time, when I was 6, I had the LOST and FOUND page her...saying she was lost.

When I was in my teens I lived in Vegas for a year, then Hollywood, then back to AZ where I stayed for college and law school. After law school, the restless spirit in me awoke. I spent a summer in Europe(more about that in my Norway page) and came back with such an enriched vision. What this trip also did was plant the seeds of foreign travel that I have attempted to incorporate into my professional life as much as possible. However, being a Criminal Defense attorney in Scottsdale Arizona, I need to sometimes be creative in that endeavor.

So without further ado...pictured is me and my father atop Camelback mountain in Phoenix. He made it all the way to the top with little to no help. Looking for a good pic of me and me mum...that will be up next.

Travel in the States

One of the places I visit routinely is San Francisco. I estimate I have been there about 30 times since the mid-90"s. The reasons are plentiful: Food, wine, culture, beauty, sport, wine... Yes, I have been bitten by the winebug over this span. The NAPA/SONOMA area is such a great way to spend time, rain or shine.

Also, two of my closest friends have lived there over the years. The one pictured is Michael who was just married the beautiful Elana. Ironically, it is Mike who I travelled with to Europe my first time when I was still a baby law student. So, salute to my favorite city and my buddies(and their wives)...

Work

Ugh! So yes, I must talk a little about this un-fun subject that seems to be void in most of the pages I've viewed( probably with good reason). However, for me, having my own firm makes it a big part of my life over the last 6 years. Spend a lot of time in court - even worked on several international cases in Mexico. Although work can be very stressful, I enjoy helping my clients, the excitement of trials, and, very importantly, it has provided me the means to travel as much as I do. That being said, the thought of a year sabbatical to travel the world flashes through my mind all the time. My current office staff and I ...we try to get out and enjoy happy hour a few times a year.

Hobbies

Hiker, biker, poker player, golfer, amatuer haiku writer, oenophile and ...aspiring...skater(?)...(not really just snagged some kids board for a few minutes the day after Michael's wedding.) Like to get out in the open air and enjoy a good run weather permitting (the high in Phoenix yesterday was 115).

• Intro Updated Jun 10, 2007

Share your travels with the world!

Join Now!
MDUBYAZ's Profile Photo

MDUBYAZ

“"...because the only people for me are the mad ones, the ones who are mad to live, mad to talk, mad to be saved.."”

Real Name