Athens Shopping Tips by oriettaIT
Athens Shopping: 139 reviews and 178 photos
Everywhere in Athens, if you are hungry or thirsty you can find a street seller that will help you feel better. They are usually old people trying to find a way to gain some money. They sell fruit, nuts, dryed fruit and often nuts brittles.
What to pay: Few euros.
Address: Almost everywhere in the city's street
Theme: Food and Drink
This was the oldest ldistillery in Athens, lately the owner changed but the athmosphere here is still great. They have all the different traditional Greek liquors and if you are afraid to break the bottles flying home they also have metal canister.
The different colors bottle they have make it an interesting plave, their bar is comfortable and perfect to taste all their different speciality!
What to buy: Ouzo, Raky, Cytron and all the other Greek liquors specialty.
Address: 41 Kydathineon Street, Plaka Area, Athens
Theme: Food and Drink
I read about this old sandal's shop in my Athens' guide book, I searched a lot for it but the book had the old address on it so I can't find it while in Athens. When I came back i search on the net... yes, I know, I should have done it before!!! and I find out he moved to a new address!
I am so sorry I miss to meet him, I was very interested in his work, both poems and sandals.
I hope I will have the opportunity to go back in Athens and this time, I will check the address in time!
What to buy: Sandals! This man built sandals for celebrity and he is a famous artist and poet.
Address: 2, AGHIAS THEKLAS ST., ATHENS
Directions: Monastiraky Area
I was searching for the Mellissinos shop that was supposed to be at Pandrossou srt 89 but I find out after my coming home it moved a couple of years ago. Walking down the street i found this very little shop full of only traditional Greek sandals. The lady who own it speak a good english and have been very nice and helpful. I encourage you to buy your sandals in this kind of old traditional shop, sure they doesn't look shiny and clean like the modern one, but they keep the old traditions alive and this is VERY important!!
What to buy: Sandals of every shape and colors, with leather on botton or also with rubben. This is real traditional Greek sandals, they don't come from China.
What to pay: 15-25 euros every pair.
Address: Pandrossou, 65. Plaka Area.
The huge antique camera they sell
I found this little tiny shop strolling in Plaka neighboorhod. What first attracted me was the huge old camera they have on show! it is really antique and very well kept. They have some antiques to buy and also many handmade souvenir very nice and well done. The owner is helpful and not oppressive and she will be glad to help you decice what to brought home or give to your friends and relative.
What to buy: Well.. the huge camera is maybe too expensive, but the handmade souvenir are all good and sure you will find something you like.
Address: Kidathineon St. 15 Plaka Area
More Reviews (8)
oriettaIT's Related Pages
Athens Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "My trap!"
- "A Dream Holiday Destination"
- "Athina mou..."
- "Athens afterwords"
- "The Beginning... UNDER CONSTRUCTION!!"
- "Poetry for Athena"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Athens
- Hotels in Athens
- Transportation in Athens
- Nightlife in Athens
- Restaurants in Athens
- Shopping in Athens
- Warnings and Dangers in Athens
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Athens
- 13 Reviews
- 22 Photos
- 24 Forum posts
- 8 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (31)
Have you been to Athens?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Athens
Photos in AthensSee All Photos (22)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Padova Intro, 49 reviews, 114 photos, 6 travelogues
- Venice Intro, 24 reviews, 86 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Naxos Island Intro, 30 reviews, 71 photos, 1 travelogue
- Isla de Tenerife Intro, 27 reviews, 62 photos
- Palermo Intro, 17 reviews, 65 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Mantova Intro, 18 reviews, 64 photos, 1 travelogue
- Florence Intro, 13 reviews, 45 photos
- Trieste Intro, 12 reviews, 44 photos, 1 travelogue
- Milan Intro, 9 reviews, 35 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Prefecture of Argolida Intro, 11 reviews, 32 photos
- Lycabettus Hill- 58 Reviews, 113 Photos
- Acropolis- 172 Reviews, 321 Photos
- Changing of the Guard- 59 Reviews, 115 Photos
- Plaka- 74 Reviews, 110 Photos
- Temple Of Olympian Zeus- 66 Reviews, 133 Photos
- Ancient Agora- 116 Reviews, 198 Photos
- Acropolis - Parthenon- 80 Reviews, 151 Photos
- Syntagma Square - Parliament- 77 Reviews, 146 Photos
- Panathenaic Stadium - Kallimarmaro- 44 Reviews, 81 Photos
- National Archeological Museum- 63 Reviews, 113 Photos
See All Athens Things to Do