Athens Restaurant Tips by oriettaIT
Athens Restaurants: 426 reviews and 593 photos
Stuffed zucchini and grilled calamaro
The restaurant is located in Adrianou Str. one of the main Plaka pedestrian road. The place are a traditional Greek taverna, they have some table outside in the street, an indoor part and a nice covered garden with air conditioning during summer (i suggest you this last part if you are there in one very hot evening!!). Guests are a mixture of Greeks and travellers and the athmosphere is nice.
The weiters are english speaking and they will help you choose your meal if you have troubles. They have been so nice to give me the recipe to do zucchini and the lemon sause i liked so much. BTW I just remembered I havent tryed it yet! got to dig it out (2011)
Check the dishes of the day list, they always have something special they cook just for that night and it is usually worth try!
Favorite Dish: We had stuffed tomatoes (Gemistà), zucchini stuffed with rice and meat with a kind of lemon beschamel and a grilled calamaro served with boiled vegetables(horta). The food was all well cooked and tasted really good, the calamaro was fresh and really big and tasty.
Address: 138 Adrianou Str. Plaka Area
Comparison: about average
We went to this restaurant for our last dinner in Greece, I read about it in Athen Survival Guide and decided to try. It was a super choice. It is located in Plaka in a nice square with tree in the middle. The place consist in two parts, a bar and the restaurant and have few comfortable table outdoor. The waiter are very kind and included in the bill they gave us two bottles of water, some fruits and a glass of lemon liquor at the end of the dinner.
Favorite Dish: I had octopus in vin santo served mixed with green and red pepper and I took the chance to try the first lobster of my life! WOW it was excellent, i had it grilled with three different cups of sause, the best was oil and garlic! I can raccomend this place to everybody, it worth the extra cost!! BTW Also the bill was a great surprise as we thaught to spend more for a lobster's dinner!
Address: Kidatheneon Street, Plaka
Comparison: more expensive than average
Directions: In the small square
More Reviews (11)
oriettaIT's Related Pages
Athens Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Athens, my city!"
- "My trap!"
- "Athens is full of Archaeological sights & History"
- "Athina mou..."
- "Athens afterwords"
- "The Beginning... UNDER CONSTRUCTION!!"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Athens
- Hotels in Athens
- Transportation in Athens
- Nightlife in Athens
- Restaurants in Athens
- Shopping in Athens
- Warnings and Dangers in Athens
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Athens
- 13 Reviews
- 22 Photos
- 24 Forum posts
- 8 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (30)
Have you been to Athens?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Athens
Photos in AthensSee All Photos (22)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Padova Intro, 49 reviews, 114 photos, 6 travelogues
- Venice Intro, 24 reviews, 86 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Naxos Island Intro, 30 reviews, 71 photos, 1 travelogue
- Isla de Tenerife Intro, 27 reviews, 62 photos
- Palermo Intro, 17 reviews, 65 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Mantova Intro, 18 reviews, 64 photos, 1 travelogue
- Florence Intro, 13 reviews, 45 photos
- Trieste Intro, 12 reviews, 44 photos, 1 travelogue
- Milan Intro, 9 reviews, 35 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Prefecture of Argolida Intro, 11 reviews, 32 photos
- Acropolis- 190 Reviews, 350 Photos
- Lycabettus Hill- 55 Reviews, 102 Photos
- The Temple of Olympian Zeus- 65 Reviews, 130 Photos
- Ancient and Roman Agora- 152 Reviews, 259 Photos
- Changing of the Guard- 53 Reviews, 104 Photos
- Plaka- 75 Reviews, 97 Photos
- Syntagma Square - Parliament- 79 Reviews, 128 Photos
- Acropolis - Parthenon- 79 Reviews, 146 Photos
- Panathenaic Stadium- 34 Reviews, 60 Photos
- Acropolis Museum- 31 Reviews, 68 Photos
See All Athens Things to Do