Athens Restaurant Tips by oriettaIT

Athens Restaurants: 438 reviews and 632 photos

Stuffed zucchini and grilled calamaro - Athens

Stuffed zucchini and grilled calamaro

The Hani: Traditional Taverna

The restaurant is located in Adrianou Str. one of the main Plaka pedestrian road. The place are a traditional Greek taverna, they have some table outside in the street, an indoor part and a nice covered garden with air conditioning during summer (i suggest you this last part if you are there in one very hot evening!!). Guests are a mixture of Greeks and travellers and the athmosphere is nice.
The weiters are english speaking and they will help you choose your meal if you have troubles. They have been so nice to give me the recipe to do zucchini and the lemon sause i liked so much. BTW I just remembered I havent tryed it yet! got to dig it out (2011)
Check the dishes of the day list, they always have something special they cook just for that night and it is usually worth try!

Favorite Dish: We had stuffed tomatoes (Gemistà), zucchini stuffed with rice and meat with a kind of lemon beschamel and a grilled calamaro served with boiled vegetables(horta). The food was all well cooked and tasted really good, the calamaro was fresh and really big and tasty.

Address: 138 Adrianou Str. Plaka Area

• Updated Apr 4, 2011
The menu - Athens

The menu

Thalasea: Seafood restaurant

We went to this restaurant for our last dinner in Greece, I read about it in Athen Survival Guide and decided to try. It was a super choice. It is located in Plaka in a nice square with tree in the middle. The place consist in two parts, a bar and the restaurant and have few comfortable table outdoor. The waiter are very kind and included in the bill they gave us two bottles of water, some fruits and a glass of lemon liquor at the end of the dinner.

Favorite Dish: I had octopus in vin santo served mixed with green and red pepper and I took the chance to try the first lobster of my life! WOW it was excellent, i had it grilled with three different cups of sause, the best was oil and garlic! I can raccomend this place to everybody, it worth the extra cost!! BTW Also the bill was a great surprise as we thaught to spend more for a lobster's dinner!

Address: Kidatheneon Street, Plaka

Comparison: more expensive than average

Directions: In the small square

Price: US$31-40

Rating: 5

Theme: Seafood

• Updated Sep 2, 2008

oriettaIT

“Leave nothing on the beach except footprints”

Badges & Stats in Athens