"Agio Nikolaos in West Mani" Top 5 Page for this destination West Mani by oriettaIT
West Mani Travel Guide: 57 reviews and 182 photos
When we choose Agios Nikolaos as a base to explore Mani, we had high expectation of driving a lot and get to the bottom of this Peloponnese finger. Reality is that we arrived tired and the idea of driving more along those tiny curvy roads just did not appealed to us much.
BUT we have been so pleased with this small village and the really relaxed athmosphere that we have been very happy just to hang around and enjoy it.
The village is close to the more famous settling of Kardamyli and Stoupa but it is way less crowded.
The center, if you can call center a 100 meter stretch of road, evolve around the small harbour where the local fishermen keep their boat and you can look at them going out and in every day. They aslo have a marble counter where in the morning, around 9, you can check out their daily catch and buy it.
There are several taverna, caffees and a bakery, all of them with nice outdoor covered space to enjoy your meal, a beer or whatever and just watch the sea and the people go by.
In the center there is no proper beach, you have to drive a few minutes to reach beaches, but there is a platform with stairs to dive in.
During the day the village is sleepy and almost deserted but during the night the taverna along the harbour pull out their tables and chair and everybody show up after a full day of sunbathing, swimming or exploring and sit outside tasting great food. There are a few tavernas the best one I will review on the restaurants section here.
- Pros:Relaxing, beautiful and peaceful
- Cons:Can be tricky to get around without a car
Stoupa is supposed to be the best place to be in this area.. well i do not agree.. the beach is sure very nice with fine... more travel advice
If you get tired of swimming and sumbathing you can decide to go for a drive following an itinerary up to the hills. We... more travel advice
oriettaIT's Related Pages
West Mani Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Mani in Laconia area - Peloponnese - Greece"
- "Mani, a special part of Greece"
- "Agios Nikolaos (Selinitsa)"
- "Mani, a unknown treasure..."
- "Agio Nikolaos in West Mani"
- "Wild land..."
- "Greece - Mani"
- See All...
- Things to Do in West Mani
- Hotels in West Mani
- Restaurants in West Mani
- Shopping in West Mani
- See All...
Badges & Stats in West Mani
- 10 Reviews
- 28 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (32)
Have you been to West Mani?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in West Mani
Photos in West ManiSee All Photos (28)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Padova Intro, 49 reviews, 114 photos, 6 travelogues
- Venice Intro, 24 reviews, 86 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Naxos Island Intro, 30 reviews, 71 photos, 1 travelogue
- Isla de Tenerife Intro, 27 reviews, 62 photos
- Palermo Intro, 17 reviews, 65 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Mantova Intro, 18 reviews, 64 photos, 1 travelogue
- Florence Intro, 13 reviews, 45 photos
- Trieste Intro, 12 reviews, 44 photos, 1 travelogue
- Milan Intro, 9 reviews, 35 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Prefecture of Argolida Intro, 11 reviews, 32 photos