"Il Borgo del Poeta" Arqua Petrarca by oriettaIT
Arqua Petrarca Travel Guide: 29 reviews and 47 photos
Arquà Petrarca is known as Il borgo del Poeta, The poet's village, because the medieval italian poet Francesco Petrarca lived here starting 1369 since his death and left writing about how much he liked it here.
The village is a real gem, it still keep the spirit and the look of a mediaval village. The center is a pedestrian area and only few residents' car are allowed in it. All the streets are made of cobblestones and the houses have been restored keeping their original look.
It is one of my favourite destination for a evening stroll or for an afternoon, but as the village is on a steep hill dont dare going with high heel shoes :-)
The best activities to do is just walk around since you decide what is the best place for a refreshing stop. The ice cream shop near the top is great and also the Enoteca Vignalta can offer you a great taste of the local wine and some cheese and salami.
The area offer also a good selection of great local restaurants.
This Enoteca is our favorite in the area. We keep going back and back when we feel like a good glass of wine. It has a... more travel advice
I discovered this wine producer for accident, ordering a bottle of red wine in a local restaurant. It was awesome! So I... more travel advice
oriettaIT's Related Pages
Arqua Petrarca Travel Guide
- Things to Do in Arqua Petrarca
- Hotels in Arqua Petrarca
- Transportation in Arqua Petrarca
- Restaurants in Arqua Petrarca
- Shopping in Arqua Petrarca
- Warnings and Dangers in Arqua Petrarca
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Arqua Petrarca
- 5 Reviews
- 11 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (31)
Have you been to Arqua Petrarca?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Arqua Petrarca
Photos in Arqua PetrarcaSee All Photos (11)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Padova Intro, 49 reviews, 114 photos, 6 travelogues
- Venice Intro, 24 reviews, 86 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Naxos Island Intro, 30 reviews, 71 photos, 1 travelogue
- Isla de Tenerife Intro, 27 reviews, 62 photos
- Palermo Intro, 17 reviews, 65 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Mantova Intro, 18 reviews, 64 photos, 1 travelogue
- Florence Intro, 13 reviews, 45 photos
- Trieste Intro, 12 reviews, 44 photos, 1 travelogue
- Milan Intro, 9 reviews, 35 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Prefecture of Argolida Intro, 11 reviews, 32 photos