"Look like Venice but have a different spirit" Top 5 Page for this destination Chioggia by oriettaIT
Chioggia Travel Guide: 43 reviews and 209 photos
I like to go often to Chioggia, that is only 50 km from Padova, to buy fish. It is one of the bigger fishing port in the Adriatic sea and, with the nearby lido of Sottomarina, a good beach destination for us.
The historical center look a lot like Venice, with canals and bridges, but instead of gondolas and tourists, its canal have fishing boats and nets. This give it a totally different feeling, it is very lively.
- Pros:Great fish market and good osteria
- In a nutshell:Fishing town and beach resort close to Venice
If you are visiting Chioggia during a Sunday do not miss to go to the top of the San'Andrea Tower. It is not a very... more travel advice
During the whole year there are many sport activities you can practice in Sottomarina Lido. When the Bora wind blow from... more travel advice
oriettaIT's Related Pages
Chioggia Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Piccola Venezia"
- "Ultimate Boats and Ships Town"
- "Look like Venice but have a different spirit"
- "A small Venice."
- See All...
- Things to Do in Chioggia
- Hotels in Chioggia
- Transportation in Chioggia
- Restaurants in Chioggia
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Chioggia
- 5 Reviews
- 21 Photos
- 3 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (30)
Have you been to Chioggia?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Chioggia
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Padova Intro, 49 reviews, 114 photos, 6 travelogues
- Venice Intro, 24 reviews, 86 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Naxos Island Intro, 30 reviews, 71 photos, 1 travelogue
- Isla de Tenerife Intro, 27 reviews, 62 photos
- Palermo Intro, 17 reviews, 65 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Mantova Intro, 18 reviews, 64 photos, 1 travelogue
- Florence Intro, 13 reviews, 45 photos
- Trieste Intro, 12 reviews, 44 photos, 1 travelogue
- Milan Intro, 9 reviews, 35 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Prefecture of Argolida Intro, 11 reviews, 32 photos