"Mantova" Top 5 Page for this destination Mantova by oriettaIT

Mantova Travel Guide: 109 reviews and 316 photos

We were in Mantova for two days at the end of October. The weather did not do it justice as it was foggy and hazy, but still, we loved it.
It is a small town, very very walkable, we never felt like we should find a bus. The amount of time we spent there was perfect, we could have done maybe one more day to visit Palazzo Te inside or go see the exhibit in there.
The three lakes that surround the city make it look so different, like it is a peninsula and the parks that surround it is so nice and peaceful.

• In a nutshell:Small, lovely, filled of art and romantic place and great food
  • Last visit to Mantova: Oct 2011
  • Intro Updated Dec 5, 2011

• Nemorino's Profile Photo
    Apr 17, 2013 at 4:48 AM

Those restaurants sound really good. I would like to visit Mantova because of fictional characters. Rigoletto only takes place in Mantova because of the censors, and I think Romeo was banned to Mantova at least in the story. But it is true that Monteverdi lived and worked in Mantova for over twenty years, so that would be another reason to visit.

• oriettaIT's Profile Photo
      Apr 17, 2013 at 4:55 AM

Thanks for the rating, I am sure you would love Mantova! It is a small little gem and the food is OUTSTANDING! we picked those restaurant because of the great reviews and they did not faliled us!
      If you go during May - October time frame check out for local festivals in Mantova or in the nearby villages, there is one almost every week! They also have a Festival della letteratura that is one of the most interesting in Italy festivaletteratura.it/?lin=e...

• alza's Profile Photo
    Dec 5, 2011 at 9:32 PM

Yr pics Garden by Palazzo Ducale & Duomo's incredible roof are sensational! I remember those vast parks in Mantova, thought I'd lost my way out of the city! Amazing Domus find and love to see "Mantua me genuit" attached to it. That epitaph is on Virgil's tomb at Piedigrotta! What a series of connections I found here! Grazie Orietta.

• mindcrime's Profile Photo
    Dec 5, 2011 at 1:40 AM

Food for your stomach and food for your mind! excelent small page!

oriettaIT

“Leave nothing on the beach except footprints”

Badges & Stats in Mantova

Have you been to Mantova?

Latest Activity in Mantova