"Modena" Top 5 Page for this destination Modena by oriettaIT
Modena Travel Guide: 221 reviews and 756 photos
I was in Modena just for one day, I might have been very lucky but I left with a good feeling about it. Not too much traffic, lots of bike lane, smiling and courtesy people and a general feeling of a place that is very people friendly.
When I visited there were several free exhibit going on, not so common where I live...
Modena has one of Italian Military Accademy, kind of a little West Point. It is located into the Palazzo Ducale, it is a university level accademy to prepare Army and Carabinieri.
Strolling around the center, it is very easy to spot cadets, men and women, walking around in their uniforms.
I appreciated the covered market, Mercato Albinelli, and the several traditional shops I saw strolling around.
It felt like people who live here like their traditions and will not give up the hundreds years old shops to gut them and build a trendy New York style shop.
- Pros:Great food, smiling people
- In a nutshell:Worth the visit if you are in the area
Modena has a very good photography associations, the Fondazione Fotografia. They organize lots of events, seminary and... more travel advice
The Dome of Modena is a wonderful church that have been added to the Unesco heritage list. His bell tower, called La... more travel advice
oriettaIT's Related Pages
Modena Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Modena - Citta Ducale"
- "Visiting an old friend"
- "Marvelous Modena"
- "Faster than a Ferrari"
- "Green Modena"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Modena
- Hotels in Modena
- Transportation in Modena
- Nightlife in Modena
- Restaurants in Modena
- Shopping in Modena
- Warnings and Dangers in Modena
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Modena
- 9 Reviews
- 31 Photos
- 1 Forum posts
- 4 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (26)
Have you been to Modena?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Modena
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Padova Intro, 49 reviews, 114 photos, 6 travelogues
- Venice Intro, 24 reviews, 86 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Naxos Island Intro, 30 reviews, 71 photos, 1 travelogue
- Isla de Tenerife Intro, 27 reviews, 62 photos
- Palermo Intro, 17 reviews, 65 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Mantova Intro, 18 reviews, 64 photos, 1 travelogue
- Florence Intro, 13 reviews, 45 photos
- Trieste Intro, 12 reviews, 44 photos, 1 travelogue
- Milan Intro, 9 reviews, 35 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Prefecture of Argolida Intro, 11 reviews, 32 photos