"Padova" Top 5 Page for this destination Padova by oriettaIT
Padova Travel Guide: 725 reviews and 1,973 photos
Padova is a city 40 kilometers west from Venice, as it is so close to one of the most loved city of the world, it get often forgotten by the tourists.
But there are a lot to see and do here, we have one of the oldest University in the world, founded in 1222, one of the widest square in Europe: Prato della Valle and many other sights like Scrovegni Chapel where the masterpiece Giotto's frescos are.
Look also to my page about the villages nearby that absolutely worth a visit
Piazzola sul Brenta
Coming soon more tips and pics. I am always working on this page.
On January 1, 2009 Padova woke up covered by the snow, in the past we used to see more of these scene here but in the past years it stopped snowing so we have been surprised to see a show like this.
The all city of Padova is filled of water, in the past they used to sail along these canals to trade with Venice and the other Veneto's city. We still have many canals all around the town, some of them are still sailing. Have a look to my "Things to do" tips to know more about this.
- In a nutshell:Few turists, interesting arts and culture
I recently found out about this new university residence in Padova. It is meant for foreign students and teachers but I... more travel advice
This restaurant is in business since the '80 and it cater mostly to the university students . This mean their prices are... more travel advice
- See All Bus connection with Venice and Treviso...
- See All Visit the underground of Palazzo della...
- See All 8 November - Festa della Matricola -...
- See All Visit Colli Euganei
oriettaIT's Related Pages
Padova Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Padova...our new home...for now"
- "PADOVA - PADUA"
- "Focal Point of the Past"
- "Padova, Padua, Padoa, Patavium"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Padova
- Hotels in Padova
- Transportation in Padova
- Nightlife in Padova
- Restaurants in Padova
- Shopping in Padova
- Warnings and Dangers in Padova
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Padova
- 49 Reviews
- 114 Photos
- 37 Forum posts
- 31 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (27)
Have you been to Padova?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Padova
- updated a Padova Travelogue "Padova Carrarese (Medieval festival) The people"
- Posted in Travel Greece Forum "Re: Map of Crete"
- Uploaded a Photo to "One of my favourite local restaurant"
- Wrote a Review Bus connection with Venice and Treviso airport in Padova Transportation
- Uploaded a Video to Padova
- Commented on one of antistar's Padova travel pages
Videos in PadovaSee All Videos (3)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Padova Intro, 49 reviews, 114 photos, 6 travelogues
- Venice Intro, 24 reviews, 86 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Naxos Island Intro, 30 reviews, 71 photos, 1 travelogue
- Isla de Tenerife Intro, 27 reviews, 62 photos
- Palermo Intro, 17 reviews, 65 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Mantova Intro, 18 reviews, 64 photos, 1 travelogue
- Florence Intro, 13 reviews, 45 photos
- Trieste Intro, 12 reviews, 44 photos, 1 travelogue
- Milan Intro, 9 reviews, 35 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Prefecture of Argolida Intro, 11 reviews, 32 photos