"Padova" Top 5 Page for this destination Padova by oriettaIT

Padova Travel Guide: 721 reviews and 1,971 photos

Welcome to my city

Padova is a city 40 kilometers west from Venice, as it is so close to one of the most loved city of the world, it get often forgotten by the tourists.
But there are a lot to see and do here, we have one of the oldest University in the world, founded in 1222, one of the widest square in Europe: Prato della Valle and many other sights like Scrovegni Chapel where the masterpiece Giotto's frescos are.

Look also to my page about the villages nearby that absolutely worth a visit
Colli Euganei
Arquà Petrarca
Monselice
Montagnana
Castelfranco Veneto
Strà
Piazzola sul Brenta

Coming soon more tips and pics. I am always working on this page.

Snow in Padova

On January 1, 2009 Padova woke up covered by the snow, in the past we used to see more of these scene here but in the past years it stopped snowing so we have been surprised to see a show like this.

Padova is a city of water

The all city of Padova is filled of water, in the past they used to sail along these canals to trade with Venice and the other Veneto's city. We still have many canals all around the town, some of them are still sailing. Have a look to my "Things to do" tips to know more about this.

• In a nutshell:Few turists, interesting arts and culture
  • Intro Updated Apr 30, 2011

Sep 25, 2012 at 2:48 AM

Anything I must not miss?

• oriettaIT's Profile Photo
      Sep 25, 2012 at 4:32 AM

I think you have it all, don't miss the eremitani church next to the chapel and a visit to the university buiding, il bo and the anatomy theater. The astronomic observatory is interesting to me and I still have to have an opportunity to go visit the underground of the palazzo della ragione!

Sep 25, 2012 at 5:06 AM

Let's chat on Sat, but it you wish to visit some places on Sunday with me, it would be a pleasure

• Maurizioago's Profile Photo
    Jun 27, 2012 at 8:08 AM

...e se venissi in vacanza a Padova il prossimo agosto?

Ciao!

• Roadquill's Profile Photo
    May 26, 2012 at 11:42 AM

Great resto tips...I can't wait to get to Italy. ;-) Karl

• icunme's Profile Photo
    Mar 13, 2011 at 10:17 AM

Ahhh, Orietta - these canals take my breath away! And I have a great interest in the book restoration work done by the monks. I am to meet friends in Venice in June - so maybe Padova also - I hope, I hope! Grazie, Carol <(•¿•)>

• suvanki's Profile Photo
    Mar 13, 2011 at 3:55 AM

Enjoyed reading your page, especially your restaurant tips. It's reminded me of how much I enjoyed my short visit here. I might just have to re-think my planned trip to Spain at Easter!

• unaS's Profile Photo
    Feb 9, 2011 at 9:06 AM

Lovely descriptions of Padova. Makes me want to visit there some day. I have been to Venice and had some bad experience so never wanted to return, but Padova looks nice.

• Nov 12, 2010 at 3:27 AM

Thank you for all the information you've provided, OriettaIT! I'm visiting Italy next week for the first time and my first objective is Padua. So everything I've learned from you is of much help. With very best wishes, Iuliana

• BruceDunning's Profile Photo
    Oct 10, 2010 at 2:30 PM

We were here and truly loved the architecture and history of the city. You did a nice job of presenting the sites with good pictures and comments. Ciao

• Turska's Profile Photo
    Sep 8, 2010 at 6:01 AM

I think we will visit your city soon :) We are looking for a day-trip-town from Brescia,and Padova might be a good opinion!

Aug 2, 2010 at 12:34 AM

I hope to revisit this city one day...., and soon!

oriettaIT Lives Here!

oriettaIT

“Leave nothing on the beach except footprints”

Badges & Stats in Padova