"A relaxing and relaxed lake resort" Top 5 Page for this destination Riva del Garda by oriettaIT

Riva del Garda Travel Guide: 74 reviews and 240 photos

I was thinking about a place where I can spend a weekend, I needed it to be close to where I live, not more than a couple of hours driving and I wished it to be quiet and nice. I remembered that I always liked my vacation at Lago di Garda, particularly I love the upper north part, much less crowded of tourist and more "relaxed". I booked a nigth in a nice hotel in Riva del Garda and I have to say, it was well thought!!
Riva del Garda is, in my humble opinion, one of the nicest resort of the area, it have a little bit of everything, great food, wine and beer, a nice weather, the mountains behind and of course the lake, with all the opportunities about sports and sightseeing. We spent two wonderfull day here, even a bad storm, that started on the second day, didn't ruined the fun as we decided to drive along the Gardesana Occidentale , the costal road that border the lake in the west side, and the lake hit by the storm was a great view!!

• Pros:Everything
  • Cons:Should have stayed longer :-)
  • Last visit to Riva del Garda: Jun 2010
  • Intro Updated Jun 24, 2010

• mindcrime's Profile Photo
    Jun 28, 2010 at 11:59 PM

I love the towns near lakes, they always seem so scenic...

• WXWXR's Profile Photo
    Jun 22, 2010 at 3:14 AM

if I can add a tip, a walk on the old road for Val di Ledro is worth to take. It starts at the estreme end of Riva, opposite the side from Rovereto, near an old electric power central

oriettaIT

“Leave nothing on the beach except footprints”

Badges & Stats in Riva del Garda

Have you been to Riva del Garda?

Latest Activity in Riva del Garda