"Port Harcourt Buisness Travel" Port Harcourt by frlove

Port Harcourt Travel Guide: 12 reviews and 40 photos

Traveling through the Delta's Oil Capital

If you are going to Port Harcourt you are most likely going there for work. If you have family there then you do not really need travel advice.

I had head a lot of stories about Port Harcourt, some turned out to be true, but it is not as a hard place to visit as you may expect.

The airport can be troubleing with all of the official looking charactors asking " what you have for me today" or " I like your Face" which I am told means the same thing. If you are on your toes you will pass through this eventually after the officials tire of bothering you. Expect to have your luggage opened and pawed through on arrival. Most of all plan to have your passport ready and make sure your visa is in order .

As expats we are not permitted to ride in taxi's which Q up at the Airport. The general public taxis are thought to be a kidnap risk so we have hired cars with drivers. The only real threat we ever have is however, crazed drivers who want to drive through traffic like they are in a chase scene. This driver was pretty mellow.

Port Harcourt Peoples Taxi

Of course Lifes experience is different for the locals. You will find conveniant motorcycles waiting to taxi you around town. pictured here is the local taxi Q.

Port Harcourt Peoples Taxi2

Off on a local moto-taxi to Mr Bigs, Nigeria's version of McDonalds. I have not eaten there but I am told its ok for a burger or breakfast. Note the color of the sky, which is due to the Hamaton, the time of year when dust blows in from the Sahara. The Lady riding the Moto-taxi has just got her laundry.

• Pros:I like this place better than Lagos, easier to get around
  • Cons:Well Nigeria is not Denmark
  • In a nutshell:Nigerias Oil Capital is OK
  • Last visit to Port Harcourt: May 2006
  • Intro Updated Jul 16, 2006

Comments

frlove's Related Pages

frlove

“never stop”

Ranked Member

Badges & Stats in Port Harcourt

Have you been to Port Harcourt?

Friends