"NEXT EVENT: WOC - MAY 2009" Top 5 Page for this destination Manado by pangtidor

Manado Travel Guide: 157 reviews and 482 photos

TORANG SAMUA BASUDARA

Welcome to my Manado homepage. You will feel like home anywhere in Manado (capital of North Sulawesi province) as Manadonese use to say 'Torang Samua Basudara' (=we are brothers and sisters, said for the first time by the former North sulawesi governor, Mr. Mangindaan). The next event is WOC-World Ocean Conference in May 2009. Yes, it has many great views of the ocean. My main pictures of my homepage, my Indonesia page, and my Manado page feature the beaches of Manado.

THE BEACH CITY, HOME FOR EVERYBODY

Manado, the place I was born and grown up, the home of my loved ones, the place I learn about love, affection, hospitality, and sincerety. Manado is my beloved home and I guarantee that you will feel like home when you are here too.We treat our guests like the kings.I spent lots of time with the people live at the beach on my last visit.I was pleasantly surprised with their hospitality as I didn`t know them before and I didn`t offer them any money!I was trully touched with their welcome and I promised to myself that I will come back there and share some of my things with them. Are you planning to visit our beloved home city?It will be the paradise for the divers. Unfortunately I am not a diver (went for snorkeling with the life vest-gosh I will learn how to swim and dive soon!!) so I cant give you many useful tips about diving in manado.You may see some website about diving on my tip lists (will come later).I saw some useful diving tips from other members too.If you like adventures, spend some time to go for hiking in Tangkoko.Manado city itself is crowded place, full of microlets, traffic, and people.Dont spend lots of time in the city during noon time!!Rush hour and traffic time.Do u like seafood, tummy pleasure, and perhaps exotic food?Try Manado food!Read my tips about restaurant and warning.December to January will be the good season for great fruit like rambutan, mango, and durian.January and December may not be good for plane flights from Jakarta to Manado but the domestic airlines try to improve themselves.U should spend the last week of January in Tomohon, only 30minutes from Manado.Many festivals will be there, parades, tremondous flowers, and food!!!!See waterfalls in Kali, Kiawa,Tomohon;and the fishermen life in Amurang.July to August will be the time for harvest festivals in many vilages of Highland and beach areas.Spend your time for the sunset, shopping, and nightlife along the Manado Boulevard.January to February will be the Chinesse New Year.There is a great Chinesse festival in China town.Local people will call it TahPiKong.You may see the magical Enceh Pia in that festival too.Most of Manadonesse are Christians so you may see the great Christmas time in here.Santa Claus time will be on December 4-8 in Manado.Our Santa tradition is really different than others.We have magnificient beaches all over the places but Bunaken is the most popular one for its diving and snorkling.Well, come visit our home and explore by yourself you may even find new things that I dont even know yet and you could share your stories to others.

THE LAST BUT NOT THE LEAST

I feel like a betrayer to put the bad things on my Manado's homepage.:-)). Read the warning and danger tips of Manado and my Indonesia travel page for the details. For the new comers, see the box below for the tips or search for Manado destination at the search bar and scroll down to see the tips. Some attractions are not really in Manado city but within the North Sulawesi Province. I dont create my separate page for North Sulawesi, Bitung-Tangkoko, Tomohon, or other smaller cities around Manado because of the less active members availability there. You may see them in my Manado page in off the beaten path tips or in the Manado travelogues albums. FEEL FREE TO EMAIL ME IF YOU WANT TO GET SOME MANADO INFO BECAUSE MY MANADO PAGE IS STILL UNDER CONSTRUCTION. 'ON VACATION' SIGN MAY DELAY MY RESPONSE. REGARDS, SALY.

• Pros:Tremondous hospitality and welcome from the local people, great food, beautiful beaches, wonderful Bunaken
  • Cons:Hot and spicy food, awful microlet traffic, confusing immigration officers in the airport,unclean water
  • In a nutshell:More Than Just Diving and Snorkling in Bunaken
  • Last visit to Manado: Sep 2007
  • Intro Updated May 13, 2008

• ullfri49's Profile Photo
    Aug 1, 2011 at 1:31 PM

Greetings and interesting to follow your remarks around Manado!

• Jan 23, 2009 at 1:58 PM

Hi we are two 4th grade girls doing a report on tongkoko and we have to build a sculpture of it we were wondering if you could tell us a little bit of information,like what the wild life is like there, how long is the hike, and so on

• angiebabe's Profile Photo
    Dec 29, 2008 at 3:45 AM

Hi lots of info on your page here!Hope to one day get to Indonesia!but doubt I will ever get to try Durian!Hope all has been going well with a blessed Christmas time and wishing you all the best for the new year and all thats ahead in 2009!

• MikeBird's Profile Photo
    Dec 4, 2008 at 1:36 PM

Thanks Saly - Pulisan Resort looks fantastic. Will have to start saving.

• nora_south_africa's Profile Photo
    Apr 10, 2008 at 12:44 PM

thanx for some very practical tips!!! enjoyed your page lots!

• RickinDutch's Profile Photo
    Jan 18, 2008 at 12:26 PM

Having a cold winter in Alaska - had to come see some tropics. Nice pages!

• SLLiew's Profile Photo
    Oct 5, 2007 at 8:09 AM

Excellent page on Manado. So many beautiful natural sights, culture, local food especially durian but without saguer for me :) SL

• Mr.Sparkle's Profile Photo
    Jun 23, 2007 at 9:40 PM

As always, great tips!!!!!!

• kelnsha's Profile Photo
    Jun 17, 2007 at 8:25 AM

Great tips, Saly! I'll be visiting your hometown coming Aug (25 Aug - 3 Sep) but I suppose you're not around? Cheers! - Kelvin, S'pore.

• Museeuw's Profile Photo
    Jun 11, 2007 at 5:58 AM

Hey, I had never looked at where you live. Seems like a really nice place. If we ever get there I know that my wife will love the hot food and I will enjoy the waterfalls. I love waterfalls!

pangtidor Used To Live Here!

pangtidor

“BUSY WEEKS - WHAT A BLESSED LIFE WE HAVE..:-)”

Badges & Stats in Manado