"NEXT EVENT: WOC - MAY 2009" Top 5 Page for this destination Manado by pangtidor
Manado Travel Guide: 160 reviews and 496 photos
Welcome to my Manado homepage. You will feel like home anywhere in Manado (capital of North Sulawesi province) as Manadonese use to say 'Torang Samua Basudara' (=we are brothers and sisters, said for the first time by the former North sulawesi governor, Mr. Mangindaan). The next event is WOC-World Ocean Conference in May 2009. Yes, it has many great views of the ocean. My main pictures of my homepage, my Indonesia page, and my Manado page feature the beaches of Manado.
Manado, the place I was born and grown up, the home of my loved ones, the place I learn about love, affection, hospitality, and sincerety. Manado is my beloved home and I guarantee that you will feel like home when you are here too.We treat our guests like the kings.I spent lots of time with the people live at the beach on my last visit.I was pleasantly surprised with their hospitality as I didn`t know them before and I didn`t offer them any money!I was trully touched with their welcome and I promised to myself that I will come back there and share some of my things with them. Are you planning to visit our beloved home city?It will be the paradise for the divers. Unfortunately I am not a diver (went for snorkeling with the life vest-gosh I will learn how to swim and dive soon!!) so I cant give you many useful tips about diving in manado.You may see some website about diving on my tip lists (will come later).I saw some useful diving tips from other members too.If you like adventures, spend some time to go for hiking in Tangkoko.Manado city itself is crowded place, full of microlets, traffic, and people.Dont spend lots of time in the city during noon time!!Rush hour and traffic time.Do u like seafood, tummy pleasure, and perhaps exotic food?Try Manado food!Read my tips about restaurant and warning.December to January will be the good season for great fruit like rambutan, mango, and durian.January and December may not be good for plane flights from Jakarta to Manado but the domestic airlines try to improve themselves.U should spend the last week of January in Tomohon, only 30minutes from Manado.Many festivals will be there, parades, tremondous flowers, and food!!!!See waterfalls in Kali, Kiawa,Tomohon;and the fishermen life in Amurang.July to August will be the time for harvest festivals in many vilages of Highland and beach areas.Spend your time for the sunset, shopping, and nightlife along the Manado Boulevard.January to February will be the Chinesse New Year.There is a great Chinesse festival in China town.Local people will call it TahPiKong.You may see the magical Enceh Pia in that festival too.Most of Manadonesse are Christians so you may see the great Christmas time in here.Santa Claus time will be on December 4-8 in Manado.Our Santa tradition is really different than others.We have magnificient beaches all over the places but Bunaken is the most popular one for its diving and snorkling.Well, come visit our home and explore by yourself you may even find new things that I dont even know yet and you could share your stories to others.
- Pros:Tremondous hospitality and welcome from the local people, great food, beautiful beaches, wonderful Bunaken
- Cons:Hot and spicy food, awful microlet traffic, confusing immigration officers in the airport,unclean water
- In a nutshell:More Than Just Diving and Snorkling in Bunaken
Maengket is one of Minahasa traditional dance. At the end of January to February, there will be Maengket festival in... more travel advice
Waruga is an ancient cemetery of Minahasa people, a stoned covered sarcophagus, where they put the corpse. They were... more travel advice
- See All THE WATER
- See All TAXI
- See All SUNDAY = CHURCH DAY FOR MOST OF THE...
pangtidor's Related Pages
Manado Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "NEXT EVENT: WOC - MAY 2009"
- "Not many people know this place - Manado"
- "torang samua basudara, jo!"
- "Manado, a city that's been kissed by God"
- "Manado, for always in my heart"
- "Magical Manado & Lembeh Lair"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Manado
- Hotels in Manado
- Transportation in Manado
- Nightlife in Manado
- Restaurants in Manado
- Warnings and Dangers in Manado
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Manado
- 50 Reviews
- 91 Photos
- 4 Forum posts
- 18 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (8)
Have you been to Manado?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Manado
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kuwait Intro, 61 reviews, 139 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Manado Intro, 50 reviews, 91 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Egypt Intro, 68 reviews, 69 photos
- Cairo Intro, 32 reviews, 68 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Indonesia Intro, 51 reviews, 45 photos
- Alexandria Intro, 16 reviews, 35 photos
- Singapore 4 reviews, 9 photos
- Bali Intro, 2 reviews, 4 photos
- Singapore 3 photos
- Barcelona Intro, 3 photos