"Skiathos 2006" Top 5 Page for this destination Skiathos by glamourprincess

Skiathos Travel Guide: 99 reviews and 182 photos

My favorite Greek island

I have been to Greece five times and Skiathos is definitely my favorite island! It is a small and lovely island, with lots of beautiful beaches. I went with my boyfriend in June 2006 and we stayed at Hotel Bourtzi in Skiathos town. It was surprisingly calm and quiet, and it had a little pool. Probably one of the best hotels in Greece I've stayed in. Two thumbs up! The location was perfect as it was in the middle of everything; shopping, restaurants, bars and life, and walking distance to Megali Ammos beach.

The beaches

The best thing about Skiathos has to be the beaches. They are lovely and there are so many! We got to see most of them on our cruise around the island, but we only managed to visit a few of them. Koukounaries and Banana Beach were both great, but I can tell they get extremely busy at the peak of the season. Lalaria is pretty with its white pepple stone beach and the turquoise water. I definitely recommend the cruises, so you get to see Lalaria and other beaches that can only be reached by boat.

Great food

I was surprised by the quality of the food and restaurants on the island and we enjoyed some mouthwatering meals and drinks during our stay. I definitely recommend Maria's Pizza, Windmill restaurant, Don Quiojote Tapas Restaurant and Main Street Cafe!

• Pros:Beautiful beaches, great restaurants, lovely food, wonderful island and nature
  • Cons:None
  • Last visit to Skiathos: Jun 2006
  • Intro Updated Jul 31, 2006

• Aug 26, 2008 at 6:25 AM

Great comments and pics I saw plenty of funny nudists on the left hand side of Big Banana beach though as well as on the next beach along. Also visit the places they filmed Mama Mia on Skiathos and neighbouring Skopelos. This is a beautiful island too.

• bijo69's Profile Photo
    Oct 13, 2006 at 4:34 PM

Skiathos really looks great! Fantastic Restaurant/bar tips!

• nickandchris's Profile Photo
    Aug 31, 2006 at 3:40 AM

Enjoyed these tips. My only experience of Skiathos was landing at the airport (just missed the fishing boats!) before travelling on to the Pilion.

• BluBluBlu's Profile Photo
    Jul 24, 2006 at 1:10 AM

Nice photo's & tips...Blu

• Buckz's Profile Photo
    Jul 18, 2006 at 12:57 AM

Great Pictures, you should get more of them on the site.

• cachaseiro's Profile Photo
    Jul 16, 2006 at 4:23 AM

nice tips and photos. welcome to vt.

• mazzap's Profile Photo
    Jul 4, 2006 at 4:34 PM

Excellent tips on Skiathos! I also loved this island - it's so pretty! Your hotel seems a great place to stay, the pic looks lovely! Marion.

glamourprincess

“The world is mine!”

Badges & Stats in Skiathos

Have you been to Skiathos?

Latest Activity in Skiathos