"Formentera - As blue as cobalt" Top 5 Page for this destination Isla de Formentera by BurgerQueen

Isla de Formentera Travel Guide: 106 reviews and 270 photos

When my memories go back to the days in Formentera, the first idea that comes to my mind is BLUE.
Blue as the wonderful sea: if you look at Formentera from Google Earth, you'll see it bordered with a cobald-blue sea, and when you are finally swimming in this amazing blue, you'll think that you are living the moment that you'll remember in winter time, while staring at the rain outside your office window!
Blue as the sky: being an island, Formentera is quite windy, and very often the sky has no clouds.
One simple word can describe Formentera: paradise!
There is not much to do on the island, which makes it the perfect place to relax, maybe enjoying an aperitif while dancing on the beach at sunset after a day spent sunbathing.

Our first trip to Formentera was in August... Do not ever do that! The island becomes an Italian colony!
I'm Italian, and I should be more understanding, but I have to admit that the crowd is almost unbearable...
Our second visit to the island was in mid-July, and I must admit that the atmosphere is much more relaxed and less Italian!!

• Pros:Unspoiled beaches and sea, atmosphere
  • Cons:Too much crowd in August
  • In a nutshell:One of the paradises of the Mediterranean sea
  • Last visit to Isla de Formentera: Jul 2008
  • Intro Updated Aug 11, 2008

BurgerQueen

“Do not take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive.”

Badges & Stats in Isla de Formentera

Have you been to Isla de Formentera?