"Cromwell - A perfect place for a stopover" Cromwell by BurgerQueen
Cromwell Travel Guide: 10 reviews and 53 photos
We stopped in Cromwell for one night on our way from Queenstown to Oamaru. The city looked quite anonymous at first, and we decided to eat at the hotel restaurant instead of going out and exploring the area.
The day after, we found out that Cromwell is divided into new and old city, the ancient part of the city has been completely rebuilt after it was flooded on purpose for the construction of a power station. Old Cromwell is now a museum, buildings show how the village looked like in the 1800s.
The new Cromwell has been built in 1993 and looks like a plastic town... soooo perfect!
Cromwell is mainly focused on fruits and vegetable growing, as you may imagine from the "fruit statue" at the town entrance!!
The Cromwell golf club welcomes visitors, so you can take a break from your road trip to play golf and relax. 9-hole... more travel advice
BurgerQueen's Related Pages
Cromwell Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Cromwell - A perfect place for a stopover"
- "Cromwell - Central Otago"
- "A must stop for dried fruit fanatics"
- "Cromwell, NZ's newest old town"
- "From the Gold Pan to the Fruit Bowl"
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Cromwell
- 3 Reviews
- 13 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (7)
Have you been to Cromwell?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Cromwell
Photos in CromwellSee All Photos (13)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Isla de Formentera Intro, 22 reviews, 59 photos
- Santorini Island Intro, 18 reviews, 56 photos
- Naxos Island Intro, 21 reviews, 48 photos
- Montpellier Intro, 15 reviews, 43 photos
- Rotorua Intro, 16 reviews, 32 photos
- Nice Intro, 16 reviews, 31 photos
- Lisbon Intro, 12 reviews, 32 photos
- Prague Intro, 13 reviews, 23 photos
- Wellington Intro, 12 reviews, 24 photos
- Calasetta Intro, 7 reviews, 26 photos