"Vieste - Southern Italy Tradition" Vieste by BurgerQueen
Vieste Travel Guide: 13 reviews and 29 photos
Vieste is located Puglia, the flattest region of Italy known as the heel of our "boot" peninsula. Almost the hole region is below sea level, but Vieste lies on the edge of a mountainous district known as Gargano. Vieste geographical location makes it a perfect place to relax on the wonderful beaches of the area, to taste the excellent local food and an ideal starting point for short excursions in the surrounding area.
Vieste is my first holiday in Puglia region, and I was very surprised about how strong Southern Italy traditions are still rootedness in here: oil, pasta, wine, cheeses are still produced as in the past, the taste of local food is really authentic.
Local architecture is very Mediterranean, even new buildings are being built in the old-fashion way.
People are the stereotype Italian people, both from the physical and from the behaviour point of view.
No wonder we are planning to go back to Puglia again next year!
Vieste city centre is divided into the new city and the old one. Old Vieste is a typical Mediterranean suburb with small... more travel advice
The Gargano promontory is home to a natural land and marine reserve. Foresta Umbra (Shady Forest) is in the middle of... more travel advice
BurgerQueen's Related Pages
Vieste Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Vieste - "White town""
- "Vieste - Southern Italy Tradition"
- "Take a walk and try some local specialities"
- "old town between the sea and the mountains"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Vieste
- Hotels in Vieste
- Transportation in Vieste
- Restaurants in Vieste
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Vieste
- 8 Reviews
- 18 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (7)
Have you been to Vieste?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Vieste
Photos in ViesteSee All Photos (18)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Isla de Formentera Intro, 22 reviews, 59 photos
- Santorini Island Intro, 18 reviews, 56 photos
- Naxos Island Intro, 21 reviews, 48 photos
- Montpellier Intro, 15 reviews, 43 photos
- Rotorua Intro, 16 reviews, 32 photos
- Nice Intro, 16 reviews, 31 photos
- Lisbon Intro, 12 reviews, 32 photos
- Prague Intro, 13 reviews, 23 photos
- Wellington Intro, 12 reviews, 24 photos
- Termoli Intro, 11 reviews, 24 photos