"Back in the Middle Ages" Vigoleno by BurgerQueen
Vigoleno Travel Guide: 5 reviews and 18 photos
We arrived to Vigoleno by chance.
While planning a day-trip to Castell'Arquato, a renowned medieval city, and looking for information on the Internet, we found out that the Vigoleno Castle was not far away from our destination, and looked even more interesting!
It was not so easy to find this castle, since it is in an isolated area, but the quest was absolutely worhy: simply by standing in front of the castle entrance, we felt like being in the past of our Country.
With great surprise, we found out that the area is rich in similar castles, and just 1h30 away from Milan (by car)!
They are called Castles of the Duchy of Parma and Piacenza , and some of them look great, even if Vigoleno seems to be the best!
We are now planning to visit some of them, come back to my page in the future for further info and pictures!
- Pros:Atmosphere, food and wine
- In a nutshell:Back to the Past!
The church of Saint George is a small roman basilica with three naves, restored in 1963. The interior is as simple as... more travel advice
Just take a walk in the streets of Vigoleno to enjoy the unique atmosphere! more travel advice
BurgerQueen's Related Pages
Vigoleno Travel Guide
Badges & Stats in Vigoleno
- 5 Reviews
- 12 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (7)
Have you been to Vigoleno?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Vigoleno
Photos in VigolenoSee All Photos (12)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Isla de Formentera Intro, 22 reviews, 59 photos
- Santorini Island Intro, 18 reviews, 56 photos
- Naxos Island Intro, 21 reviews, 48 photos
- Montpellier Intro, 15 reviews, 43 photos
- Rotorua Intro, 16 reviews, 32 photos
- Nice Intro, 16 reviews, 31 photos
- Lisbon Intro, 12 reviews, 32 photos
- Prague Intro, 13 reviews, 23 photos
- Wellington Intro, 12 reviews, 24 photos
- Calasetta Intro, 7 reviews, 26 photos