"Living La Vida Buena in Miniloc, El Nido" Top 5 Page for this destination El Nido by livethedream

El Nido Travel Guide: 263 reviews and 712 photos

El Nido --- lying in the northwest coast of Palawan Island --- is stunning, both above and beneath the water. It's most striking feature is the scenic limestone islands that formed nnn years ago in the area that North Vietnam and South China now occupy. Part of the limestones drifted down and rested in what we now call Palawan. Travelers are raving about Halong Bay and Guilin, and yet here in the Philippines we have our very own El Nido --- unspoiled and far from the reaches of mass tourism.

Forgetting about budget travel, a friend and I decided to splurge on a 3 days/2 nights all-inclusive package (P26,500) to the El Nido Resort in Miniloc Island. There are 2 resorts in the area managed by the company El Nido Resorts --- Lagen and Miniloc. Lagen is more modern and more expensive. We chose Miniloc for its rustic charm and proximity to El Nido's attractions.

Pampering a la rockstar

The pampering started at the Andres Soriano hangar in Manila. We were encouraged to just sit back and chill while our 'servants' served us ice cold mango juice and sandwich.

A 19-seater Dornier flew us into El Nido airport where a buffalo and band welcomed us with lively Tagalog songs. Getting us in the mood for island holidays! A resort staff met us and led us into the airport lounge for some refreshments. Then we're off to Miniloc on a motorized boat.

What time is it?

I shall not bore you with any more pampering stories...

What I can tell you is that El Nido made me forget about my cares in the world. Chucked the watch. The only time it came out of my backpack was when I went diving. Even the iPod appeared only when it's time to download photos.

• Last visit to El Nido: May 2005
  • Intro Updated Jun 13, 2008

• jhayce_mar's Profile Photo
    Apr 9, 2007 at 7:50 AM

I envy people who has the time and guts to travel. I always wanted to go to places you've been and hopefully I'll do that 1 of these days. Thanks for the wonderful photos and write ups. Theres a lot more exciting places you need to see.

• maple_air's Profile Photo
    Jan 16, 2007 at 9:15 AM

Palawan...one of earth's last frontier indeed. Very good page, brill tips and pix! How much was the all inclusive package?

• moonlighting's Profile Photo
    Jul 27, 2006 at 12:28 AM

beautiful pictures! been dreaming about el nido. how much is that all-inclusive package? and how much is per dive?

• RickinDutch's Profile Photo
    Jul 12, 2006 at 9:59 PM

Looks like paradise! I could just picture myself on that hammock with a cold one looking out over the limestone island. Well done! Welcome to VT.

livethedream

“"Travel only with thy equals or thy betters. If there are none, travel alone"”

Badges & Stats in El Nido

Have you been to El Nido?

Latest Activity in El Nido