"Living La Vida Buena in Miniloc, El Nido" Top 5 Page for this destination El Nido by livethedream
El Nido Travel Guide: 253 reviews and 660 photos
El Nido --- lying in the northwest coast of Palawan Island --- is stunning, both above and beneath the water. It's most striking feature is the scenic limestone islands that formed nnn years ago in the area that North Vietnam and South China now occupy. Part of the limestones drifted down and rested in what we now call Palawan. Travelers are raving about Halong Bay and Guilin, and yet here in the Philippines we have our very own El Nido --- unspoiled and far from the reaches of mass tourism.
Forgetting about budget travel, a friend and I decided to splurge on a 3 days/2 nights all-inclusive package (P26,500) to the El Nido Resort in Miniloc Island. There are 2 resorts in the area managed by the company El Nido Resorts --- Lagen and Miniloc. Lagen is more modern and more expensive. We chose Miniloc for its rustic charm and proximity to El Nido's attractions.
The pampering started at the Andres Soriano hangar in Manila. We were encouraged to just sit back and chill while our 'servants' served us ice cold mango juice and sandwich.
A 19-seater Dornier flew us into El Nido airport where a buffalo and band welcomed us with lively Tagalog songs. Getting us in the mood for island holidays! A resort staff met us and led us into the airport lounge for some refreshments. Then we're off to Miniloc on a motorized boat.
I shall not bore you with any more pampering stories...
What I can tell you is that El Nido made me forget about my cares in the world. Chucked the watch. The only time it came out of my backpack was when I went diving. Even the iPod appeared only when it's time to download photos.
This is small plane that took us to El Nido. 1.5 hrs flying time. Plane flies from the Andres Soriano hangar in Pasay... more travel advice
Very near Miniloc Resort. By kayak is the best way to explore the Small Lagoon. The entrance to it is tiny and not... more travel advice
livethedream's Related Pages
El Nido Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "A week in Paradise called El Nido"
- "El Nido...."
- "El Nido - Picture Perfect"
- "Living La Vida Buena in Miniloc, El Nido"
- "Beauty in the sunshine, laugh at the rain"
- "El Nido, December 2006"
- "Breathtaking scenery"
- See All...
- Things to Do in El Nido
- Hotels in El Nido
- Transportation in El Nido
- Nightlife in El Nido
- Restaurants in El Nido
- Shopping in El Nido
- Warnings and Dangers in El Nido
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in El Nido
- 13 Reviews
- 22 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 4 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (7)
Have you been to El Nido?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in El Nido
Photos in El NidoSee All Photos (22)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Province of Batanes Intro, 33 reviews, 63 photos
- Beijing Intro, 22 reviews, 55 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Taman Negara Kinabalu Intro, 26 reviews, 40 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Province of Camiguin Intro, 18 reviews, 45 photos, 3 travelogues
- Yogyakarta Intro, 17 reviews, 25 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Province of Camarines Sur Intro, 12 reviews, 29 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination El Nido Intro, 13 reviews, 22 photos
- Puerto Princesa City Intro, 11 reviews, 15 photos
- Province of Bohol Intro, 9 reviews, 12 photos
- Province of Ilocos Norte Intro, 10 reviews, 11 photos
Latest El Nido hotel reviews
- El Nido Beach Hotel
- 57 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 10, 2013
- El Nido Garden Beach Resort
- 37 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Aug 4, 2013
- Elnido Four Seasons Resort
- 46 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 17, 2013
- Marina Garden Beach Resort
- 128 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 28, 2013
- Dolarog Beach Resort
- 60 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Oct 6, 2013
- Las Cabanas Beach Resort
- 49 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 10, 2013
- 72 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 2, 2013
- Coral Bay Resort
- 49 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Sep 7, 2013