Bangkok Things to Do Tips by WaRPer
Bangkok Things to Do: 2,813 reviews and 5,482 photos
There're wide-variety of boat trips available along Chao Phraya River. Take the BTS Skytrain to Saphan Taksin (terminal station) then go down to the ferry station where you'll find several boat companies offering you day-trips to: Orchid Farm, Floating Market, ..... Or just simply ride along the river, enjoying the temples and villagers' way-of-life.
Address: Saphan Taksin Stn., Bangkok
It sure is the croudiest part of Bangkok, the main transportation hub, an area in between business and residential districts. The monument designed by Prof. Silp Peerasri, praising soldiers who sacrifice their lives in the Indochina War. Today, the place is famous for its low-key shopping complexes, namely Center One and around where you can find OK-quality clothing and all other fashion accessories (pretty much like Pratu Nam)
Directions: BTS Skytrain or public buses (try to catch the orange ones)
This is the most sacred place for Indian's (and some Thais') community in Bangkok. The temple looks very unique and colorful. Great experience, although the inscense-sticks' smell can be irritating at the first moment. You can also make a pray, this place is famous among prayers, and it draws more and more people each year.
No photos can be taken from the inside, take off your shoes before entering.
Address: Silom Road
Directions: Around 10 mins walk from Chong Nonsi Skytrain station
On the opposite side of Sofitel, Silom.
Free Aerobic Session
The park sets itself at the very heart of Bangkok's busiest business area, between Silom and Sathorn Road. Open as early as 4 in the morning, there you'll find lots of morning surfers (mostly aged between 55-70 something), having their group 'Ji-Gong' exercise. The park is quiet during working hours and becomes crouded again around 5 p.m. -- The hi-light is here, there's a free aerobic session at 6 p.m. gathering hundreds (or thousands) of people every day (except Sun.) It's a pleasure walking/jogging around the park, as there're so many things to see and do. + Sometimes a free concert on Sundays.
Address: Alongside Ratchadamri Road / Rama IV Road
Directions: A short walk from either Ratchadamri or Sala Daeng skytrain stations.
Suan Pakkad Palace
This palace sits humbly among the high-rise skyscapers, not very far from BTS-Phyatai Station. As a Thai Myself, I think this is a very lovely place and I want to see more visitors coming here. The house owner dedicated these old typical Thai houses for displaying impressive collections of traditional arts.
Museum Hours: Daily 9 a.m. - 4 p.m.
Entrance Fee: 100 Baht/person
Address: 352-354 Sri Ayudhya Road ,Phyathai , Bangkok
Directions: From Phyathai BTS station turn right and walk along the road about 3 minutes , you 'll see a group of Thai tradition house .That's museum.
More Reviews (13)
WaRPer's Related Pages
Bangkok Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Bangkok, Krung Thep - The best of"
- "tHe Bangkok in my mind.."
- "Heightened Senses X 2"
- "Bangkok - Which Means "Straw Hat!""
- "Links to Street Maps: Finding Your Way"
- "Fantastic Bangkok"
- "One of my favorite cities in Asia"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Bangkok
- Hotels in Bangkok
- Transportation in Bangkok
- Nightlife in Bangkok
- Restaurants in Bangkok
- Shopping in Bangkok
- Warnings and Dangers in Bangkok
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Bangkok
- 18 Reviews
- 35 Photos
- 66 Forum posts
- 3 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (5)
Have you been to Bangkok?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Bangkok
Photos in BangkokSee All Photos (35)
Top 10 Pages
- Bangkok Intro, 18 reviews, 35 photos, 4 travelogues
- San Francisco Intro, 4 reviews, 43 photos, 5 travelogues
- Sydney Intro, 21 reviews, 25 photos, 1 travelogue
- Atlanta Intro, 7 reviews, 33 photos, 3 travelogues
- Cape Town Intro, 11 reviews, 28 photos, 2 travelogues
- San Juan Intro, 1 review, 38 photos, 4 travelogues
- Yellowstone National Park Intro, 38 photos, 6 travelogues
- Luang Prabang Intro, 7 reviews, 30 photos, 2 travelogues
- Jaisalmer Intro, 4 reviews, 33 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Fukuoka Intro, 17 reviews, 18 photos
FriendsSee All Friends (14)
Latest Bangkok hotel reviews
- All Seasons Bangkok Siam
- 292 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Jun 9, 2013
- Miracle Grand Convention Hotel Bangkok
- 84 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Jun 18, 2013
- HQ Hostel
- 89 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Jun 10, 2013
- New Merry V Guesthouse
- 49 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Jun 18, 2013
- Thai House Inn
- 5 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 26, 2012
- Phra Athit Mansion
- 10 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Mar 4, 2013
- Floraville Serviced Apartments
- 7 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 27, 2011
- Plaza Athenee Bangkok, A Royal Meridien Hotel
- 596 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Jun 5, 2013
- Gulliver's Tavern Hotel
- 15 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 5, 2012
- Royal Ivory Bangkok
- 141 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Jun 12, 2013
- Rex Hotel
- 21 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 24, 2013
- Bangkok Cha-Da Hotel
- 100 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Jun 15, 2013
- For You Residence
- 12 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Jun 12, 2013
- Grand Palace - Wat Phra Kaew- 393 Reviews, 747 Photos
- Floating Market- 116 Reviews, 225 Photos
- Wat Arun - Temple of the Dawn- 151 Reviews, 286 Photos
- Chatuchak Weekend Market- 105 Reviews, 157 Photos
- Traditional Thai massage- 48 Reviews, 44 Photos
- Chao Phraya River- 107 Reviews, 196 Photos
- Wat Pho- 216 Reviews, 438 Photos
- Ayuthaya - Old City- 50 Reviews, 112 Photos
- Baiyoke Tower- 27 Reviews, 79 Photos
- Patpong- 29 Reviews, 38 Photos
See All Bangkok Things to Do