"Whatever it takes, I'll be there..." WaRPer's Profile
First off...guys, no hard feelings if I fail to respond to your comments or reply your messages 'n questions. My apologies but I haven't been messing around with VT as much as I used to. However, I will keep my Travel Map updated and have all the photos available on my Picasa Web Albums.
World's a playground
I'm a nomad, a dweller, who've been living here bouncing there since the age of 2.
...who's always against group-touring (unless necessary)...We need our own pace, our own inspiration or else your trip will be just a FLOP! Do research, go independent, be in charge of yourself and follow your own passion!!
Setting up my own rules
Rule#1 Sleep nice, don't mind a few extra bucks
Rule#2 No common bathroom please!
Rule#3 Surface travel as the 1st mode of transportation
Rule#4 Respect local culture and support local businesses
Rule#5 *IMPORTANT* Never miss local food & BEER!!
Rule#6 Book a day-trip if I have to, better be safe than sorry
Rule#7 Be flexible, but not TOO flexible
You'll never get my high marks for "cheapest (aka stingiest) travel" or "number of places visited in a day" cuz that does NOT make you a GREAT traveler at all!!
"The 7 Continents" - 6 down!
35 Countries and counting :D
I do NOT count fly-in transits / 2-hr stopovers cuz that's cheating!!!
[[NORTH AMERICA]] :: US (lived - 36/50 States), Canada*
[[CENTRAL, SOUTH AMERICA and THE CARIBBEAN]] ::
Colombia, Chile, Peru, Argentina (+a bit of Brazil), Puerto Rico
[[AUSTRALIA & OCEANIA]] :: Australia*
[[AFRICA]] :: South Africa, Swaziland, Mozambique
[[EUROPE]] :: France, Italy*, The Netherlands, Belgium, Luxembourg
[[ASIA]] :: THAILAND, Malaysia*, Singapore, Indonesia, The Philippines, Laos*, Vietnam, Cambodia, Myanmar, Japan*, China*, Hong Kong*, Macau, Taiwan, India, Nepal, Sri Lanka, Bhutan
[[ANTARCTICA]] :: --
* = Multiple visits
10.2011 -- [Relocation] US >> Thailand
04.2013 -- The Kingdom of Bhutan
10.2013 -- New Zealand <South Island>
04.2014 -- Iberian Peninsula (unconfirmed)
??.2014 -- Turkey (unconfirmed)
10.2014 -- New England Foliage Drive
Top Travel Pages
Share your travels with the world!Join Now!
Badges & Stats
- 249 Reviews
- 1,312 Photos
- 22 Countries
- 57 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (5)
- created a Bhutan Travel Page "The Kingdom of Bhutan"
- Uploaded a Photo to "The Kingdom of Bhutan"
updated their Profile Page "Whatever it takes, I'll be there..."
- WaRPer and thelittlevoice are now friends.
- Wrote a Review "Roza", the taxi/tuktuk driver in Siem Reap Transportation
- Commented on jumpingnorman's profile page
- Posted in Travel Bangkok Forum "Re: Bangkok to Angkor Wat"
Top 10 Pages
- Bangkok Intro, 18 reviews, 35 photos, 4 travelogues
- San Francisco Intro, 4 reviews, 43 photos, 5 travelogues
- Sydney Intro, 21 reviews, 25 photos, 1 travelogue
- Atlanta Intro, 7 reviews, 33 photos, 3 travelogues
- Cape Town Intro, 11 reviews, 28 photos, 2 travelogues
- San Juan Intro, 1 review, 38 photos, 4 travelogues
- Yellowstone National Park Intro, 38 photos, 6 travelogues
- Luang Prabang Intro, 7 reviews, 30 photos, 2 travelogues
- Jaisalmer Intro, 4 reviews, 33 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Fukuoka Intro, 17 reviews, 18 photos
- Paris Hotels
- 22145 Reviews - 53809 Photos
- Orlando Hotels
- 3078 Reviews - 5774 Photos
- New York City Hotels
- 15551 Reviews - 30943 Photos
- London Hotels
- 23056 Reviews - 47246 Photos
- Rome Hotels
- 11939 Reviews - 26463 Photos
- Cancún Hotels
- 1927 Reviews - 3713 Photos
- Myrtle Beach Hotels
- 319 Reviews - 425 Photos
- Las Vegas Hotels
- 8353 Reviews - 17025 Photos
- Manila Hotels
- 1905 Reviews - 4447 Photos
- Baguio Hotels
- 325 Reviews - 885 Photos
- Toronto Hotels
- 4263 Reviews - 8768 Photos
- Melbourne Hotels
- 3341 Reviews - 7498 Photos
- Goa Hotels
- 2036 Reviews - 3787 Photos
- Istanbul Hotels
- 7623 Reviews - 19412 Photos
- Panama City Beach Hotels
- 193 Reviews - 288 Photos