"South Africa in a nutshell" Top 5 Page for this destination Hartbeespoort by mirko77
Hartbeespoort Travel Guide: 79 reviews and 166 photos
An hour driving from Johannesburg International Airport you can get an easily affordable bite of South Africa.
Often ignored by travel guides, I found the Hartbeespoort area rich of wildlife and offering amazing opportunities for backpackers on a tight budget.
Hiking through the Magaliesberg is safe and not too strenuous, and gives the chance of very close encounter with animals!
An important feature of this area is the De Wildt Cheetah Sanctuary.
This centre has a project of breeding cheetah and trying wherever possible to reintroduce species into areas where they once occurred naturally.
- Pros:Inexpensive and conveniently located
- Cons:Only a fraction of what South Africa can offer
- In a nutshell:A good bite of South Africa if you have little time
You can become friend of an elephant, feed it, pet it and take it for a walk in this very nice sanctuary. more travel advice
mirko77's Related Pages
Hartbeespoort Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "A Day to Enjoy ;-)"
- "Just 30 minutes out of the big city"
- "Om die Dam!"
- "South Africa in a nutshell"
- "Harites is just enough"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Hartbeespoort
- Hotels in Hartbeespoort
- Transportation in Hartbeespoort
- Restaurants in Hartbeespoort
- Shopping in Hartbeespoort
- Warnings and Dangers in Hartbeespoort
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Hartbeespoort
- 4 Reviews
- 11 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (4)
Have you been to Hartbeespoort?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Hartbeespoort
Top 10 Pages
- Tokyo Intro, 10 reviews, 34 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Asmara Intro, 9 reviews, 28 photos, 1 travelogue
- Cape Town Intro, 7 reviews, 14 photos
- Almaty Intro, 5 reviews, 15 photos
- Guam Intro, 1 review, 18 photos, 2 travelogues
- Milan Intro, 17 photos, 2 travelogues
- Massawa Intro, 4 reviews, 12 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Hartbeespoort Intro, 4 reviews, 11 photos
- Vienna Intro, 3 reviews, 11 photos
- Helsinki Intro, 3 reviews, 7 photos, 1 travelogue