""Chef" Mirko - the travelling gourmet" mirko77's Profile

**** NEW ****

Work in progress: Central Asia!

...a life dedicated to eating & drinking the world

I have always wanted to travel around the world and I love good food and good wine. Now I have a job that allows me to go around the world and I found true happiness combining these two activities.
Here you see me in the Groot Constantia vinyards just outside Cape Town, rejoicing for the scenary and for finding one of South Africa's best Shiraz.
I will try to give useful eating and drinking tips... just be patient!

Tokyo-a-go-go baby!

Check out the new Tokyo pages!

Trento

I am originally from Trento, and even though I don't live there anymore, I still consider it home.
In fact I live and work in Milan, since February 2003.

Helsinki

Half of my heart is in Helsinki, where I go almost once a month.
It is one of my favourite places! It is a beautiful and modern city, almost completely dedicated to the well-being of its inhabitants and toursits alike.
The restaurants are excellent value for money, though the wine is unfortunately too expensive ;-)

Johanna

Behind every great man .. and blah blah blah.
Johanna says I am her sidekick.
I love her anyway, as she comes travelling with me. Also we have found the perfect balance: she buys handbags, I buy wine bottles.
Our first trip has been Berlin-Brussels-Berlin by bus.

Milan

Milan, what can I say? shopping shopping shopping - it´s a bit like living in a giant shopping mall.
Not the easiest place on earth...

• Intro Updated Jun 9, 2007

• toemayn's Profile Photo
    Sep 13, 2013 at 4:20 AM

Hope your birthday is filled with all the fun you can handle!

• DaHongHua's Profile Photo
    Sep 13, 2012 at 10:18 PM

A warm happy birthday greeting from Malaysia. Wish your days full of joys and happiness. Have more travellings and VT sharing. Cheers.

• liliana91's Profile Photo
    Jun 20, 2012 at 1:29 AM

ahhahha, your opening photo on homepage is priceless!!! It's not that easy to lift your foot so high, but still..

• Segolily's Profile Photo
    Sep 12, 2011 at 11:31 PM

Happy Birthday from someone else born today!

• KiKitC's Profile Photo
    Sep 13, 2009 at 9:01 AM

Happy Birthday!!! Hope it's a blast!

• Anuragsaxena's Profile Photo
    Sep 16, 2007 at 6:09 AM

Belated Birthday Wishes Mirko! Hope you enjoyed a lot. May this special day come again & again.

• Minashka's Profile Photo
    Sep 13, 2007 at 11:54 AM

Ad gunun mubarek dear Mirko :))) Hope you have a great celebration! Sending lots of love from Azerbaijan ;-) MiniMe

• mexicruiser's Profile Photo
    Sep 13, 2007 at 10:40 AM

Birthday wishes coming to you from California...I hope you have a wonderful day!

• cigno's Profile Photo
    Sep 13, 2007 at 7:44 AM

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! Best wishes from Ankara, Turkey!

• traveloturc's Profile Photo
    Sep 13, 2007 at 1:55 AM

Happy birthday to you from Istanbul/Turkiye..I wish that you realize all your dreams...good luck ...

Share your travels with the world!

Join Now!