"Cold and flat - a Grand Forks Survivial Guide" Top 5 Page for this destination Grand Forks by North_by_Northwest
Grand Forks Travel Guide: 39 reviews and 60 photos
Smack-dab in the middle of miles of farmland, Grand Forks could hardly be considered scenic. While the stark winter landscapes have a certain desolate beauty, they proved to be murder on a girl who is used to navigating by large bodies of water or mountain ranges. Luckily, the town of Grand Forks is small and grid-like enough to make it quite easy to find your way around. The downtown areas of both Grand Forks and East Grand Forks (on the Minnesota side of the river) are quaint and for the most part newly remodeled due to the devastating flood in 1997. The surrounding areas of both towns are primarily strip malls, chain stores, and factories. While I wouldn't recommend Grand Forks as a destination, if you happen to find yourself passing through, it can be bearable. Maybe even fun.
- Pros:Safe neighborhoods, inexpensive.
- Cons:A never-ending Strip Mall.
- In a nutshell:Don't go out of your way to visit, but can be fun.
Great subs on even better bread. This fast-food style sandwich chain is a great alternative to some of the less healthy... more travel advice
The architecture and decor of this coffeehouse is stunning - vaulted ceilings provide lots of light. The fireplace is... more travel advice
North_by_Northwest's Related Pages
Grand Forks Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Cold and flat - a Grand Forks Survivial Guide"
- "Basaic Grand Forks Page"
- "Remember the Red River Valley"
- "The only thing I ever did here"
- "North Dakota"
- "Grand Forks"
- "Thunder in Red River"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Grand Forks
- Hotels in Grand Forks
- Transportation in Grand Forks
- Nightlife in Grand Forks
- Restaurants in Grand Forks
- Shopping in Grand Forks
- Warnings and Dangers in Grand Forks
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Grand Forks
- 11 Reviews
- 11 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (2)
Have you been to Grand Forks?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Grand Forks
Photos in Grand ForksSee All Photos (11)
Top 5 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Grand Forks Intro, 11 reviews, 11 photos
- Bismarck Intro, 7 reviews, 14 photos
- Tampa Intro, 2 reviews, 5 photos
- Dallas Intro, 2 reviews
- Bemidji Intro, 1 review, 1 photo
No friends yet.