"Istanbul - An Unforgettable Trip to Middle Ages" Istanbul by Narunj
Istanbul Travel Guide: 7,876 reviews and 20,444 photos
Istanbul is the cross road of the old and the new. The buildings of Byzantine and Ottoman times in a wonderful contrast with the modern skyscrapers and bridges constitute the entire architecture of the city.
Staying at Sultanahmet area which has an enphasized "flavor" of the middle ages, I had a feeling of a time shift. While the mosques are the heart of this area, the feeling of being in middle ages was completed due to the narrow cobblestone roads, colorful shops and the sellers inviting to visit their shops.
Being an Armenian, I would not consider my visit to Istanbul completed without visiting the Armenian patriarchate and the church.
Generally Istanbul is the place where I will go again with pleasure.
- In a nutshell:Istanbul is where the old and the new meet!
Walking in the parks of Istanbul you'll see a lot of sellers of various food stuff - Indian corn, sunflower seeds, fruit... more travel advice
Being an Armenian, my trip to Istanbul would not be complete without visiting the Armenian church and the nearby... more travel advice
Narunj's Related Pages
Istanbul Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "STROLLING THROUGH ISTANBUL"
- "The only city in the world build in 2 continents"
- "Istanbul not/and Constantinople"
- "istanbul tips"
- "My Beloved Istanbul"
- "Beauty, Culture, & History - All In One Place!"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Istanbul
- Hotels in Istanbul
- Transportation in Istanbul
- Nightlife in Istanbul
- Restaurants in Istanbul
- Shopping in Istanbul
- Warnings and Dangers in Istanbul
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Istanbul
- 12 Reviews
- 21 Photos
- 15 Forum posts
- 7 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (3)
Have you been to Istanbul?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Istanbul
- Posted in Travel Antalya Forum "Re: only one spare evening in..."
- Uploaded a Photo to "Armenian Church and Patriarchate"
- Wrote a Review Exotic Fruit? in Istanbul Tourist Traps
- Commented on one of Aggeliki's Istanbul travel pages
- updated a Istanbul Travel Page "Istanbul - An Unforgettable Trip to Middle Ages"
- Istanbul Intro, 12 reviews, 21 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Yerevan Intro, 10 reviews, 10 photos
- Alexandria Intro, 8 reviews, 10 photos
- Tsaghkadzor 1 review