"Istanbul - An Unforgettable Trip to Middle Ages" Istanbul by Narunj

Istanbul Travel Guide: 7,876 reviews and 20,444 photos

Istanbul is the cross road of the old and the new. The buildings of Byzantine and Ottoman times in a wonderful contrast with the modern skyscrapers and bridges constitute the entire architecture of the city.

Staying at Sultanahmet area which has an enphasized "flavor" of the middle ages, I had a feeling of a time shift. While the mosques are the heart of this area, the feeling of being in middle ages was completed due to the narrow cobblestone roads, colorful shops and the sellers inviting to visit their shops.

Being an Armenian, I would not consider my visit to Istanbul completed without visiting the Armenian patriarchate and the church.

Generally Istanbul is the place where I will go again with pleasure.

• In a nutshell:Istanbul is where the old and the new meet!
  • Last visit to Istanbul: Jul 2006
  • Intro Updated Aug 1, 2006

• ozalp's Profile Photo
    Sep 27, 2007 at 4:49 AM

Your cucumbers are young (unripe?) melons. We use them for making pickles. Actually I'm desperately seeking for them nowadays. :)

• Sweetberry1's Profile Photo
    Mar 15, 2007 at 8:27 AM

Istanbul must be an amazing place.. Excellent tips and info.. Love the 'cucumber' ??? photo.. ;-))

• gilabrand's Profile Photo
    Feb 22, 2007 at 1:49 AM

Never saw cucumbers like that!

• Rubik's Profile Photo
    Feb 19, 2007 at 12:10 AM

Thanks for great tips, I also enjoyed same places in Istanbul! Rgds, Dasha

• JessH's Profile Photo
    Jan 30, 2007 at 3:30 AM

Hello! Very good tips here with nice photos and insightful information... my ratings are with you! Greetings from Dubai :-) Jess

• Jan 28, 2007 at 11:54 PM

Great pictures.

• Sirvictor's Profile Photo
    Aug 3, 2006 at 2:53 AM

Armenians and Turks are like nail and flesh, brothers and sisters. We are very happy that we met you in Turkey.

Narunj

“ENJOY...”

Badges & Stats in Istanbul

Have you been to Istanbul?

Friends