"YEREVAN - The 2800 Year-Old City" Top 5 Page for this destination Yerevan by Narunj

Yerevan Travel Guide: 223 reviews and 867 photos

I have been living in Yerevan since my birth. All my life has passed here. And wherever I go I come back to my lovely birthplace with pleasure, again and again understanding that EAST OR WEST, HOME IS BEST!

The history of Yerevan dates back to the 8th century BC, with the founding of the Urartian fortress of Erebuni in 782 BC.

Currently it's the capital of the Republic of Armenia, a city with more than 1 mln population. It's an open air museum with numerous churches, monuments, buildings and museums.

The Republic Square is the heart of the city where the museum of Armenia history is located.

When in Yerevan, it is a must to visit the Matenadaran, one of the biggest repositories of ancient manuscripts.

• Intro Updated Aug 20, 2007

• ValbyDK's Profile Photo
    Jun 8, 2013 at 7:09 AM

Great page about your birthplace. I might go to Yerevan in September.

• slothtraveller's Profile Photo
    May 12, 2012 at 2:17 PM

Wonderful page, Narunj! I wish I could try some Armenian cognac. Would love to visit Yerevan someday!

• Mikebond's Profile Photo
    Nov 13, 2008 at 11:18 PM

Barev Narunj! Your homecity looks charming... It's a pity that many Europeans don't consider Armenians as Europeans. I'd love to learn your language one day. The 10,000 drams banknote is very beautiful!

• snoopyis's Profile Photo
    Nov 10, 2007 at 12:45 AM

hi Narunj,,Have just return from your country, loved every day spent there, and every night, loved the food and atmosphere at Our Village restaurant, and loved the Vernissage,will be back as soon as winter is finished

• Jim_Eliason's Profile Photo
    Aug 8, 2007 at 10:18 PM

great hometown tips!

• geoveo's Profile Photo
    Aug 8, 2007 at 10:44 AM

This is one of the wonderful things about VT, I get to find links to places that I may otherwise never hear of. You come from a beautiful city that you are understandably very proud of.

• acemj's Profile Photo
    May 27, 2007 at 6:43 AM

Lots of helpful and interesting information here. Your home city looks like a great place.

• craic's Profile Photo
    May 22, 2007 at 12:21 AM

useful and interesting info - very well written

• Ruai's Profile Photo
    May 15, 2007 at 11:49 AM

Congrats on your pages :) You have a beautiful country which I hope to visit again soon.

• Fen's Profile Photo
    Apr 10, 2007 at 12:37 AM

Nice pictures and information on Armenia, greetings from London ~fen

Narunj Lives Here!

Narunj

“ENJOY...”

Badges & Stats in Yerevan

Have you been to Yerevan?

Latest Activity in Yerevan