"First city in Italy I visited" Venice by Zeldap99

Venice Travel Guide: 8,203 reviews and 21,709 photos

A GORGEOUS City!!

I traveled for two weeks in Italy with my best-friend. We traveled for the cheapest we could find, or at least tried to. We stayed at a bed and breakfast, the B&B Green Dauli outside of Venice, which was about 30-45 mins from the main bus station in Venice. It was hard to find, but it was a really nice quiet place even though it was kind of far from the city, but we were told that is the best thing to is stay outside of the city.
here are the canals that the Gondolas travel by. Very expensive for a trip, so we just watched and took pictures instead. We loved to watch the guys just push the boats along and sing the whole time, it was really neat, brings you to another world, very enticing to watch if you are a person who could lose themselves in a moment of beauty.

Venice Canals

here is the canal at night

St Marks Square at night

this city is breath taking at night. taking a ride on the canal on the water ferry will make you never want to leave this place. i can't wait to go back, although i wouldn't go back in the summer since the extreme heat will make the canal smell more than usual, and let me tell you it will stink, so be sure to go in the fall or the spring time which is when the locals tell you to go.

• Pros:Beautiful and lots of character
  • Cons:smelly and dirty in the summertime
  • Last visit to Venice: Jul 2006
  • Intro Updated Aug 18, 2006

Comments

Zeldap99

“the only way to make your dreams come true is to wake up...”

Badges & Stats in Venice