"An All To Brief Visit" Brugge by ChrisnJan

Brugge Travel Guide: 2,687 reviews and 7,160 photos

For a very long time I had wanted to visit Brugge and now finally I have managed it, although I have to admit it was only a flying visit, about 4 hours in the city, and nowhere near long enough. The city certainly lived up to expectations, even on a grey and drab November afternoon it was still a very beautiful place to see.

Our very limited time here meant we did not have time to explore, so we headed straight for the main square. It was only a short walk from where the coach had dropped us, offering some lovely views along the way. Although it was late November the city was still very busy with tourists, which is probably partly due to the Christmas markets, and nearly all of the shops appeared to be open.

After a quick drink in a very nice bar, the name of which sadly escapes me, we realized we were getting hungry and set off to find some dinner. We had dinner on the 1st floor of a very good restaurant called De Carre overlooking the main square. Unfortunately by the time dinner was eaten we had run out of time and had to head back to the coach.

Although only here for a very short time I saw enough to convince me I really do have to go back and spend a decent amount of time here.
I just hope it happens sooner rather than later.

• Last visit to Brugge: Nov 2007
  • Intro Updated Dec 9, 2007

• Dec 27, 2007 at 1:09 PM

Brugge is so nice isn't it? I was there for a couple of days a few years ago - think you should go back for a bit more than 4 hours if you get the chance :)

ChrisnJan