"An All To Brief Visit" Brugge by ChrisnJan
Brugge Travel Guide: 2,687 reviews and 7,160 photos
For a very long time I had wanted to visit Brugge and now finally I have managed it, although I have to admit it was only a flying visit, about 4 hours in the city, and nowhere near long enough. The city certainly lived up to expectations, even on a grey and drab November afternoon it was still a very beautiful place to see.
Our very limited time here meant we did not have time to explore, so we headed straight for the main square. It was only a short walk from where the coach had dropped us, offering some lovely views along the way. Although it was late November the city was still very busy with tourists, which is probably partly due to the Christmas markets, and nearly all of the shops appeared to be open.
After a quick drink in a very nice bar, the name of which sadly escapes me, we realized we were getting hungry and set off to find some dinner. We had dinner on the 1st floor of a very good restaurant called De Carre overlooking the main square. Unfortunately by the time dinner was eaten we had run out of time and had to head back to the coach.
Although only here for a very short time I saw enough to convince me I really do have to go back and spend a decent amount of time here.
I just hope it happens sooner rather than later.
ChrisnJan's Related Pages
Brugge Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Brugge - The promise of things to come"
- "Bruges Beyond Kitsch"
- "Charming just Charming"
- "Brugge, Venice of the North"
- "Brugge die Schone"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Brugge
- Hotels in Brugge
- Transportation in Brugge
- Nightlife in Brugge
- Restaurants in Brugge
- Shopping in Brugge
- Warnings and Dangers in Brugge
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Brugge
- 1 Reviews
- 8 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (5)
Have you been to Brugge?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Brugge
Photos in BruggeSee All Photos (8)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tunbridge Wells Intro, 21 reviews, 41 photos
- Kent Intro, 13 reviews, 47 photos, 1 travelogue
- Budapest Intro, 8 reviews, 19 photos
- Highland Intro, 7 reviews, 19 photos
- East Sussex Intro, 5 reviews, 20 photos, 1 travelogue
- Cyprus Intro, 8 reviews, 15 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Riva del Garda Intro, 5 reviews, 17 photos
- Edinburgh Intro, 9 reviews, 12 photos
- Prague Intro, 6 reviews, 14 photos, 1 travelogue
- Albufeira Intro, 5 reviews, 10 photos