"My Hometown" Top 5 Page for this destination Tunbridge Wells by ChrisnJan
Tunbridge Wells Travel Guide: 77 reviews and 155 photos
We have lived in Tunbridge Wells for a few years now, and are very happy here. There's not a lot to do during the day in the town centre, apart from shopping or strolling through parks (not that there's anything wrong with strolling through parks). There is some interesting and very nice architecture around the town, also some cobbled streets still survive in the village area. Most visitors head straight for The Pantiles, but unless you are fortunate enough to stumble across an organized event, (they have a few), don't expect to spend a long time there. For more info on what to do, try this link
Tunbridge Wells is an excellent place to stay if you intend to travel around and explore the beautiful countryside. There is an abundance of places of interest within a short car journey, many of which are owned by The National Trust. Public transport around Tunbridge Wells is not that great, you will find visiting the local attractions much easier if you have your own transport.
Tunbridge Wells has a vast amount of very good restaurants and bars, both in the town centre and in the surrounding area. I will try to give my views on as many as I can, but it may take a while, there are rather a lot of them. There is also a multi screen cinema and a bowlplex on the outskirts of town. There are two theatres in the town, The Assembly Hall and The Trinity. For the live music lovers there is The Forum, where they have a lot of upcoming young bands, Some of which go on to become quite well known, Oasis appeared there in their early days.
- Pros:Excellent restaurants and bars.
- Cons:Public transport very inadequate.
Beware of Pork Scratching thieves! They just appear under your arm! more travel advice
This is actually a hotel but I can't comment on the accommodation as I have never seen the rooms. It also has what looks... more travel advice
ChrisnJan's Related Pages
Tunbridge Wells Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Royal Tunbridge Wells"
- "TUNBRIDGE WELLS - WHERE THE BROGUES RUN FREE!"
- "My Hometown"
- "Tunbridge Wells - Kent"
- "(Royal) Tunbridge Wells"
- "Tunbridge Wells"
- "Royal Tunbridge Wells - A description"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Tunbridge Wells
- Hotels in Tunbridge Wells
- Transportation in Tunbridge Wells
- Nightlife in Tunbridge Wells
- Restaurants in Tunbridge Wells
- Shopping in Tunbridge Wells
- Warnings and Dangers in Tunbridge Wells
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Tunbridge Wells
- 21 Reviews
- 41 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 3 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (5)
Have you been to Tunbridge Wells?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Tunbridge Wells
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tunbridge Wells Intro, 21 reviews, 41 photos
- Kent Intro, 13 reviews, 47 photos, 1 travelogue
- Budapest Intro, 8 reviews, 19 photos
- Highland Intro, 7 reviews, 19 photos
- East Sussex Intro, 5 reviews, 20 photos, 1 travelogue
- Cyprus Intro, 8 reviews, 15 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Riva del Garda Intro, 5 reviews, 17 photos
- Edinburgh Intro, 9 reviews, 12 photos
- Prague Intro, 6 reviews, 14 photos, 1 travelogue
- Albufeira Intro, 5 reviews, 10 photos