"One of Englands finest counties" Devon by ChrisnJan
Devon Travel Guide: 1,946 reviews and 4,738 photos
Devon is an absolutely beautiful county with wonderfully diverse countryside inland and bordered by the most stunning coastline North and South. We have spent some fantastic holidays here on numerous occasions, especially during our rambling phase, and sincerely intend to spend many more happy holidays in this wonderful part of the UK.
Our latest holiday in Devon was in June 2007. We rented a cottage for a week in a very nice little town called Bovey Tracey. Situated on the river Bovey just outside Dartmoor National Park and just a short journey from Devon's south coast, otherwise known as the English Riviera, this is a very good base for touring South Devon.
All of our visits to Devon have been thoroughly enjoyable but the one that stands out above all others is a camping holiday in Morte Ho, a tiny village just a short walk around the coast from Woolacoombe. This area has some excellent sandy beaches, although some of them can get very crowded during summer and a never-ending list of activities and events for people of all ages and persuasions. The scenery is nothing short of spectacular making North Devon, in my opinion, one the best places in England for walking.
We wanted to stay in the Woolacoombe area and found this place on-line. Woolacoombe gets incredibly busy during the... more travel advice
ChrisnJan's Related Pages
Devon Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Aye, Devon - Even had I an infinite great store..."
- "~~~~ GLORIOUS DEVON. ~~~~"
- "Often Overlooked!"
- "Cockington Village"
- "Cycle Touring Beyond Borders"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Devon
- Hotels in Devon
- Transportation in Devon
- Nightlife in Devon
- Restaurants in Devon
- Shopping in Devon
- Warnings and Dangers in Devon
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Devon
- 3 Reviews
- 10 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (5)
Have you been to Devon?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Devon
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tunbridge Wells Intro, 21 reviews, 41 photos
- Kent Intro, 13 reviews, 47 photos, 1 travelogue
- Budapest Intro, 8 reviews, 19 photos
- Highland Intro, 7 reviews, 19 photos
- East Sussex Intro, 5 reviews, 20 photos, 1 travelogue
- Cyprus Intro, 8 reviews, 15 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Riva del Garda Intro, 5 reviews, 17 photos
- Edinburgh Intro, 9 reviews, 12 photos
- Prague Intro, 6 reviews, 14 photos, 1 travelogue
- Albufeira Intro, 5 reviews, 10 photos