"Irvine" Top 5 Page for this destination Irvine by Lizchiq
Irvine Travel Guide: 99 reviews and 229 photos
Sometimes Irvine receives mixed reviews.
Irvine is a wonderful place in which to live, but it is definitely not a "destination" city. If I were an outsider, I would probably not spend my valuable and limited "vacation days." Most services are available within the city limits, but the city lacks a diversity of feel, because it has been a master-planned community since its inception. It has distinct residential and commercial zoning. Many of the restaurants, shops and hotels are in chains. If you are looking for more boutiques, charming cafes and more intimate hotels, try Laguna Beach, Newport Beach or San Clemente.
For the majority of its residents, Irvine allows them a high standard of living. It's clean and safe (in fact, it was voted the safest city in the United States in 2005), has great public schools and there is much less traffic here than LA obviously, as well as some other areas of Orange County.
In exchange for the high standard of living and safe "community" feeling, some diversity is sacrificed. This is the case in many cities with a safer feeling. Love it or leave it!
Go see a movie in 3D at the IMAX in Irvine! It's definitely the only 3D movie theater in Southern California. Some of... more travel advice
Claim Jumper is a chain of restaurants that has pretty good food, and very large portions! It's great to come here with... more travel advice
Lizchiq's Related Pages
Irvine Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Irvine~Home of Turtle Rock!"
- "Irvine Culture by Marty Morawski"
- "spartan's new Irvine Page"
- "Irvine, CA. It Must Be Really Tough to Work Here!"
- "Fun Things to do in Irvine"
- "The Vast, Organized, Nature Loving Yuppy..."
- See All...
- Things to Do in Irvine
- Hotels in Irvine
- Transportation in Irvine
- Nightlife in Irvine
- Restaurants in Irvine
- Shopping in Irvine
- Warnings and Dangers in Irvine
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Irvine
- 6 Reviews
- 3 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (5)
Have you been to Irvine?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Irvine
Photos in IrvineSee All Photos (3)
Top 10 Pages
- Los Angeles Intro, 22 reviews, 1 photo
- New York City Intro, 7 reviews, 2 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Irvine Intro, 6 reviews, 3 photos
- Madrid 8 reviews
- Manhattan Beach Intro, 8 reviews
- Chicago Intro, 5 reviews
- Santa Monica 3 reviews, 2 photos
- Hermosa Beach 5 reviews
- Top 5 Page for this destination Omaha 3 reviews
- Top 5 Page for this destination Costa Mesa 3 reviews
FriendsSee All Friends (9)
Latest Irvine hotel reviews
- Best Western Orange County Airport
- 129 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 17, 2013
- Crowne Plaza Irvine
- 94 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 14, 2013
- SpringHill Suites Irvine John Wayne Airport/Orange County
- 144 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 15, 2013
- Hilton Irvine/Orange County Airport
- 250 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 16, 2013
- Atrium Hotel at Orange County Airport
- 127 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 11, 2013
- Hyatt Regency Irvine
- 396 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 18, 2013