London Hotel Tips by Paris92

London Hotels: 410,321 reviews and 1,942 photos

Avon Hotel: Lucky to find this Avon Hotel Review

I was only there for one night but I'm glad I was so I know about this little semi-gem. There were definitely a few small issues--rooms are small, decor is a little bizarre but really, so what? It's super cheap (about $80 a night), close to the train station, and you're not going to spend a lot of time there anyway. The service is fantastic and it's clean. Also, they have wi-fi which a lot of the hotels in the area don't have. I would definitely consider staying there again.

Unique Qualities: No frills--just is what it is, really.

Address: 50 Norfolk Square, Bayswater, West End, London, W2 1RT, United Kingdom

Comparison: least expensive

Directions: Near Paddington station.

Phone: 01077060024

Price: US$40-80

Theme: Hotel

Website: http://www.avon-hotel.co.uk

• Written Oct 26, 2011
The bed - London

The bed

Belvedere Hotel: Above and Beyond Belvedere Hotel Review

It's not glam, the housekeeping could be a tad better, and you can hear through the walls but frankly I'll stay there again if only for the reason that on the night my passport was stolen the hotel manager was incredible. A friend was also staying at the Belvedere and helping me go back and forth between the hotel, the police station, and the neighborhood trash cans. Long story short the hotel manager literally left the hotel to go find me and my friend in the neighborhood when the police called to say they recovered my purse so that we could stop looking in all the neighborhood trash bins. Really above and beyond if you ask me. When you do something like that I don't really care what size the rooms are.

Unique Qualities: Not the greatest neighborhood but SO close to the Paddington train station and within very short walking distance to Internet cafes, drug stores, grocery stores, etc. This was really great especially as I was just getting my bearings in a new city and didn't have to wander the streets looking for places to eat, etc.

Address: 52-54 Norfolk Square, London, W2 1RT, United Kingdom

Comparison: least expensive

Directions: A very short walk from Paddington station. Make sure you check your map carefully--there is a Norfolk Crescent farther away (that was marked as Norfolk Square on my map) and you don't want to walk more than you have to with heavy luggage.

Phone: +44 (0) 20 7723 8848

Price: US$80-120

Theme: Hotel

Website: http://www.belvederehotel.co.uk/

• Written Oct 26, 2011

Paris92

“When good Americans die they go to Paris”

Badges & Stats in London

Have you been to London?

Latest Activity in London

Visiting London?
Read real reviews about London Hotels!

Top 10 London Things to Do