"April 29, 2011" London by Paris92
London Travel Guide: 24,324 reviews and 52,940 photos
For someone with a life-long obsession with Royalty there could have been no better news than the announcement on November 17th, 2010 that Kate Middleton and Prince William were actually going to do it! They were going to tie the knot some time in 2011 and by God, I was going to be there!!!
I missed out on going to Diana's wedding in '81 because I was in summer camp and never got over it (although I did manage to convince the entire camp staff that a play about the Royal Wedding was a good idea) so there was no way I was missing this one!
To say that I planned for this would be a bit of an understatement. Kristi (Dabs) decided to join me and when I sent her the excel spreadsheet of all the things I wanted to see I think it made her slightly nervous. I booked my hotel and plane ticket literally within half an hour of the date announcement because I knew rates would just skyrocket in the hours afterward and so they did. In fact, the inflated rates became known as "The Kate Rate".
The months between booking were torturous and I keep myself occupied by reading English newspapers, visiting all the English stores in L.A. (there are dozens!), and buying useless junk like this. :)
- Pros:Royalty, Fornum & Mason, English accents, Royalty, The British Museum, Royalty, the theater scene, afternoon tea, rain, Royalty, The Tower of London, Kew Gardens and probably Royalty.
- Cons:There was this one guy there who was wearing a color I didn't like. That's the worst thing about it.
- In a nutshell:Wonderful, fun, historic place that is a must-see for a Royalty nut.
I don't know why but I became utterly obsessed with the materials used to cover the seats on the Tube in London. They... more travel advice
Paris92's Related Pages
London Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "My Current Home"
- "Maybe it's Because I'm A Londoner...."
- "Gor Blimey guv'ner...you'r having a larf......"
- "London, the capital of England"
- "Maybe it's because I'm a Londoner ..."
- "When a man tires of London, he is tired of life"
- See All...
- Things to Do in London
- Hotels in London
- Transportation in London
- Nightlife in London
- Restaurants in London
- Shopping in London
- Warnings and Dangers in London
- See All...
Badges & Stats in London
- 18 Reviews
- 69 Photos
- 90 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (2)
Have you been to London?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in London
Top 10 Pages
- New York City Intro, 84 reviews, 112 photos, 8 travelogues
- London Intro, 18 reviews, 69 photos, 2 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 29 reviews, 6 photos
- Carmel-by-the-Sea 14 reviews
- Chicago Intro, 8 photos, 1 travelogue
- Aix-en-Provence Intro, 5 photos, 1 travelogue
- Los Angeles 4 reviews
- FYR of Macedonia Intro, 3 photos
- Solvang 3 reviews
- Saint Paul 1 review, 1 photo