"April 29, 2011" London by Paris92

London Travel Guide: 23,504 reviews and 49,611 photos

I think I was more excited than Kate!!!

For someone with a life-long obsession with Royalty there could have been no better news than the announcement on November 17th, 2010 that Kate Middleton and Prince William were actually going to do it! They were going to tie the knot some time in 2011 and by God, I was going to be there!!!

Not this time!!!

I missed out on going to Diana's wedding in '81 because I was in summer camp and never got over it (although I did manage to convince the entire camp staff that a play about the Royal Wedding was a good idea) so there was no way I was missing this one!

To say that I planned for this would be a bit of an understatement. Kristi (Dabs) decided to join me and when I sent her the excel spreadsheet of all the things I wanted to see I think it made her slightly nervous. I booked my hotel and plane ticket literally within half an hour of the date announcement because I knew rates would just skyrocket in the hours afterward and so they did. In fact, the inflated rates became known as "The Kate Rate".

And she's off!

The months between booking were torturous and I keep myself occupied by reading English newspapers, visiting all the English stores in L.A. (there are dozens!), and buying useless junk like this. :)

• Pros:Royalty, Fornum & Mason, English accents, Royalty, The British Museum, Royalty, the theater scene, afternoon tea, rain, Royalty, The Tower of London, Kew Gardens and probably Royalty.
  • Cons:There was this one guy there who was wearing a color I didn't like. That's the worst thing about it.
  • In a nutshell:Wonderful, fun, historic place that is a must-see for a Royalty nut.
  • Last visit to London: Apr 2011
  • Intro Updated Jul 22, 2011

• Trekki's Profile Photo
    Aug 22, 2011 at 8:10 PM

Oh wow, my god... thanks for telling me about the Fashion & Textile Museum!! Darn, I was so close, was haning around in Guy's Hospital's courtyard and spent hours in the Old Operating Theatre, but... didn't know this museum was so close! Next time!! Oh and thanks for taking me into the Nat. History Museum! Missed that one too, but would have had loads of fun, also with these fantastic display cases :-)

• suvanki's Profile Photo
    May 3, 2011 at 4:54 AM

Looking forward to seeing your pics od the wedding!

Paris92

“When good Americans die they go to Paris”

Badges & Stats in London