"BACOLOD" Top 5 Page for this destination Bacolod City by limledi
Bacolod City Travel Guide: 458 reviews and 1,157 photos
Bacolod City is easy to navigate. In just a short time, I was able to understand the lay out of the city. Major roads are Lacson & Araneta Streets. I would recommend that you rent a car for easy travel. Car rental is very cheap. Check my transportation guide for my recommendation. You can devote half day for a city tour. Go to the Provincial Tourist Office at the Capitol to get maps first before starting your tour. You can also self-drive. No need to get a guide. Just research & secure a map. The city could improve on their street signs. I was surprised that this city is big & bustling.
Outside of Bacolod might be a little hard coz there are no maps available but you can ask the locals for directions. They are very friendly & will surely help you. Just be polite in asking. We get lost sometimes but that's part of the fun. The problem is there are no signs to the various tourist spots which could be helpful to the tourists. This is also true for Bacolod City.
For those on a budget, there are cheap accommodation around the city. Food is also cheap. Don't forget to try their chicken inasal as well as the pasalubong sweets like biscocho & piaya from Merli's & Bong Bong's. We bought 6 boxes to bring home as pasalubong.
If you're into nature like mountain resorts & old heritage houses & churches, then you're on the right spot. I would also like to mention sugar mills & trains. Food is also great here especially for those sweet tooth. For those looking for white sand beaches, you have to travel long so we skipped those beaches.
- Pros:Nice & bustling city
- Cons:Lack street signs & directions
- In a nutshell:Truly A Charming Place!
The local name for chimney, was the vent used for mascovado mill of the sugar farm of Don Lacson. In those days, they... more travel advice
Nature's Village Resort is located along the highway of Talisay City, just 10-15 minutes from Bacolod City. The resort... more travel advice
limledi's Related Pages
Bacolod City Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "The City of Smiles"
- "Welcome to the City of Smiles - Bacolod!"
- "Where the Grass is Green and the Girls are Pretty"
- "Where the air is sweet"
- "At home in Bacolod"
- "Bacolod, is it really a dullsville?"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Bacolod City
- Hotels in Bacolod City
- Transportation in Bacolod City
- Nightlife in Bacolod City
- Restaurants in Bacolod City
- Shopping in Bacolod City
- Warnings and Dangers in Bacolod City
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Bacolod City
- 50 Reviews
- 146 Photos
- 3 Forum posts
- 0 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (19)
Have you been to Bacolod City?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Bacolod City
Top 10 Pages
- Kuala Lumpur Intro, 72 reviews, 202 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Manila Intro, 70 reviews, 178 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cebu Island Intro, 58 reviews, 183 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Taiwan Intro, 53 reviews, 167 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Province of Laguna Intro, 47 reviews, 154 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bacolod City Intro, 50 reviews, 146 photos
- Singapore Intro, 49 reviews, 131 photos
- Concelho de Macau Intro, 41 reviews, 118 photos
- Bangkok Intro, 40 reviews, 114 photos
- Beijing Intro, 35 reviews, 112 photos, 2 travelogues