"TAIWAN" Top 5 Page for this destination Taiwan by limledi

Taiwan Travel Guide: 3,759 reviews and 10,546 photos

Taiwan is such a beautiful place. We're a big group of 14 persons with varying ages from kids to senior citizens. It was difficult & challenging but at the same time it was fun & exciting. We spent 5 full days in Taipei & Hualien. Someone mentioned why we didn't go to Taichung & Kaohsiong. Well, 5 days is so short a time considering that Taiwan's beautiful spots entails lots of travelling hours since most of these spots are quite a distance from Taipei City. For instance, we have to travel for at least 3 hours one way to Hualien for the amazing Taroko National Park. For nearer spots like Yangminshan National Park, Wulai & Danshui, these requires at least an hour from the city. But they are all worth it. My mom mentioned that Fisherman's Wharf in Danshui is more beautiful than that in San Francisco, USA. We were not able to visit famous Longshan Temple & Martyr Shrine in Taipei due to time constraint. This gives us reasons to go back to Taiwan. That is to visit Taichung & Kaohsiong!

• Pros:Place laden with beautiful sceneries.
  • Cons:Long travelling time.
  • In a nutshell:Simply Beautiful!
  • Last visit to Taiwan: Mar 2008
  • Intro Updated Apr 8, 2008

• Jim_Eliason's Profile Photo
    Aug 9, 2010 at 7:47 PM

Nice tips

• hunterV's Profile Photo
    May 10, 2010 at 1:21 PM

Lynnette, thanks for your story!

• jumpingnorman's Profile Photo
    Feb 25, 2009 at 8:58 PM

I think I'll pass byTaiwan next time we visit RP...nice tips you have and I want to see Taroko --- did you see my latest Mesa, Arizona pics (from Saturday) Thanks, Norman :)

• easterntrekker's Profile Photo
    Feb 25, 2009 at 7:24 PM

Lovely pages and pictures . We thought the Yehliu Geological park was so amazing when we were there.

• barbskie's Profile Photo
    May 10, 2008 at 12:38 AM

i've been browsing in your Taiwan page right now. seems a great place to see. Yehliu and Taroko parks fascinates me. Gorgeous pics! good job Lyn!

limledi