"Cebu Island" Top 5 Page for this destination Cebu Island by limledi
Cebu Island Travel Guide: 159 reviews and 433 photos
Cebu Island, more than 200 km long and just 40 km across at its widest point, is at the centre of the Visayas, locked between Negros, Leyte and Bohol. It is the main island of Cebu Province and the location of the capital, Cebu City, regarded as the Queen City of the South. Of the smaller islands which are also part of the province, the most important are Mactan, Bantayan and Camotes. Cebu is a hilly island and flat areas are only to be found on the coast and in the north.
The people of Cebu are all very friendly. They speak Cebuano, the main dialect of the Visayas. Many Chinese live in Cebu City, and they speak Chinese among themselves. Visitors though, can get by quite well with English.
Cebu has many expensive beach resorts which are always promoted in the island's tourist literature. Those who can do without luxury, however, will feel more comfortable on the less touristically developed beaches, such as those on Bantayan Island or Malapascua Island for example. The coral gardens at Pescador Island near Moalboal and around Sumilon Island are worth seeing, as are the guitar factories on Mactan Island. Treks into the interior are growing in popularity, coupled with a few lazy days near the refreshing waterfalls.
The road from Argao to Bato in the south of Cebu is arguably the most beautiful coast road in the whole Visayas. Especially south of the unfortunately named Oslob, the trip through the luxuriant bougainvillea bushes on either side of the road is simply breathtaking.
Cebu White Sands at Maribago Beach is a showcase of the myriad perks of relaxing and enjoyable tropical island life. Cool, crystaline waters lapping the pearly white sand-either on sunkissed days or moonlit nights. A seemingly endless horizon framed by verdant coconut fronds and dotted with one or two native sails on the glassy sea surface.
Olango Island is the long island visible from Maribago and Marigondon. It has small white beaches and beautiful stands of palms providing shade. There is an extensive lagoon which was declared a sanctuary for migratory birds in 1992, the first of its kind in the Philippines.
- Pros:Diverse Tourist Attractions
- Cons:Nothing that I can think of. I simply love this place.
- In a nutshell:Queen City of the South!
Mactan Shrine is a top tourist attraction. Here you can find the monument of Lapu Lapu, the first Filipino hero. In the... more travel advice
Lechon is a pride of Cebu. CNT Lechon is the most popular offering this sumptuous dish. Best eaten when newly cooked. My... more travel advice
limledi's Related Pages
Cebu Island Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Cebu Island"
- "Visayan heart"
- "Cebu Island"
- "The Queen City of the South"
- "Map and History"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Cebu Island
- Hotels in Cebu Island
- Transportation in Cebu Island
- Nightlife in Cebu Island
- Restaurants in Cebu Island
- Shopping in Cebu Island
- Warnings and Dangers in Cebu Island
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Cebu Island
- 58 Reviews
- 183 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 11 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (16)
Have you been to Cebu Island?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Cebu Island
Top 10 Pages
- Kuala Lumpur Intro, 72 reviews, 202 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Manila Intro, 70 reviews, 178 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cebu Island Intro, 58 reviews, 183 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Taiwan Intro, 53 reviews, 167 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Province of Laguna Intro, 47 reviews, 154 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bacolod City Intro, 50 reviews, 146 photos
- Singapore Intro, 49 reviews, 131 photos
- Concelho de Macau Intro, 41 reviews, 118 photos
- Bangkok Intro, 40 reviews, 114 photos
- Beijing Intro, 35 reviews, 112 photos, 2 travelogues
FriendsSee All Friends (109)
Latest Cebu Island hotel reviews
- Plantation Bay
- 536 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 9, 2013
- Maribago Bluewater Beach Resort
- 239 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 15, 2013
- Pulchra Resort
- 8 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Jul 4, 2012
- Alegre Beach Resort
- 149 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 18, 2013
- Shangri-La's Mactan Resort & Spa
- 852 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 19, 2013
- Pacific Pensionne
- 41 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 1, 2013
- Tubod Flowing Waters Resort
- 19 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 18, 2013
- Stakili Estaca Beach Garden Resort
- 2 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Mar 17, 2013
- Cebu White Sands at Maribago Beach
- 103 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 1, 2013
- Palladium Suites
- 13 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 10, 2012
- Fuente Pension House
- 23 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Jun 15, 2013
- Cebu Century Hotel
- 1 Review & Opinion
- Metro Park Hotel
- 33 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Sep 27, 2013
- Alta Cebu Village Resort
- 170 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 14, 2013
- Costabella Tropical Beach Hotel Cebu
- 111 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 2, 2013