""CONVENTION CITY OF THE SOUTH"" Top 5 Page for this destination Davao by limledi
Davao Travel Guide: 247 reviews and 821 photos
Davao is the fastest growing city in the Philippines after Manila. There is still plenty of room for newcomers here, as it covers 2440 sq km and is one of the most sprawling urban areas in the world. You can't miss the chinese influence here, especially west of the wharf, where numerous business people have set up little stores. Muslims have also set up the so-called Muslim Fishing Village, not far from the wharf and the nearby Magsaysay Park.
Tamolo Beach and Times Beach, southwest of Davao, are not particularly impressive, but the white Paradise Island Beach on Samal Island makes a good day trip from Davao, as do Talikud Island and Eagle Camp.
Davao City with its strategic location, is the center of travel and trade in the Southern Philippines and the country's gateway to the bustling East ASEAN Growth Area. Symbols of Davao are exotic fruit (durian), the awe-inspiring Waling-waling Orchid, the proud Philippine Eagle and towering Mt. Apo, the nation's highest peak. Davao has also garnered the title "Convention City of the South" for successfully hosting international and national conferences, assemblies and sporting events. Among it's attractions are The Philippine Eagle Nature Center, Crocodile Park, Malagos Garden Resort. Major natural attractions are the caves, waterfalls and rapids of Marilog district and the cool mountain vista of Toril.
The artistic and historical heritage of Davao is displayed at the Davao Museum, UP Mindanao Cultural Center and the General Luna Art Gallery. The T'Boli Weaving Center demonstrates the traditional skills of this talented tribe.
Davao has a large number of shopping malls and department stores including SM, Gaisano Mall of Davao, Victoria Plaza, JS Gaisano Citimall, University Mall and New City Commercial Center. Aldevinco ShoppingCenter offers a wide array of local products, including batik garments and brassware.
- Pros:Bustling City with Many Attractions.
- Cons:Long Distance to Attractions.
- In a nutshell:Home of Durian, Waling-waling Orchid, Philippine Eagle & Mt. Apo!
Crocodile Park at Ma-a is the home of the country's largest crocodiles and also features a mini-zoo and aviary. It is a... more travel advice
Island Garden City of Samal is emerging as a major travel destination. The island is only a 30 minute boat ride across... more travel advice
Written Dec 2, 2006
EDEN NATURE PARK PHOTO GALLERY
Written Dec 2, 2006
SAMAL ISLAND PHOTO GALLERY
limledi's Related Pages
Davao Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Iluv2surf2's new Davao Page"
- "Flora and Fauna"
- ""CONVENTION CITY OF THE SOUTH""
- "Davao...So worth it!"
- "Family Destination"
- "Lonely Traveller: Exploring Davao in 2N/2D"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Davao
- Hotels in Davao
- Transportation in Davao
- Nightlife in Davao
- Restaurants in Davao
- Shopping in Davao
- Warnings and Dangers in Davao
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Davao
- 7 Reviews
- 35 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (19)
Have you been to Davao?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Davao
Photos in DavaoSee All Photos (35)
Top 10 Pages
- Kuala Lumpur Intro, 72 reviews, 202 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Manila Intro, 70 reviews, 178 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cebu Island Intro, 58 reviews, 183 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Taiwan Intro, 53 reviews, 167 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Province of Laguna Intro, 47 reviews, 154 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bacolod City Intro, 50 reviews, 146 photos
- Singapore Intro, 49 reviews, 131 photos
- Concelho de Macau Intro, 41 reviews, 118 photos
- Bangkok Intro, 40 reviews, 114 photos
- Beijing Intro, 35 reviews, 112 photos, 2 travelogues