""DOORWAY TO HUNDRED ISLANDS"" Lucap by limledi
Lucap Travel Guide: 7 reviews and 24 photos
Lucap is a relatively small place on the Lingayen Gulf. It is the starting point for the Hundred Islands National Park. Lots of local tourists come here during Easter week and the hotels can be booked out. There is not much happening here for night owls, as the few restaurants close at 10pm.
Entertainment in nearby Alaminos is limited to bowling and discos. On Sunday there are cockfights a little outside of town. You can do trips from Alaminos to Agno, Sabangan Beach, with its Umbrella Rocks, or Bani, where there is a subterranean river in the Nalsoc Caves.
The Hundred Islands are not palm-fringed dream islands, but coral formations of varying sizes with scrub and occasionally small, white beaches. They are of limited appeal for snorkelling as the water is not always crystal clear, often obscuring the reputedly colourful underwater world, which has also been damaged by the long-standing use of dynamite for fishing.
Three most frequented islands are Quezon Island, Children's Island and Governor's Island. These are developed islands.
- Pros:Affordable Getaway.
- Cons:Very Basic Accomodation.
- In a nutshell:One of the Top Philippine Travel Destination!
The fare from Lucap to the Hundred Islands National Park by outrigger boat has been fixed officially at P400 plus P15... more travel advice
Maxine By The Sea has beautiful roofed-over patio restaurant right on the water. We stayed here for the night before our... more travel advice
limledi's Related Pages
Lucap Travel Guide
Badges & Stats in Lucap
- 6 Reviews
- 19 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (19)
Have you been to Lucap?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Lucap
Photos in LucapSee All Photos (19)
Top 10 Pages
- Kuala Lumpur Intro, 72 reviews, 202 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Manila Intro, 70 reviews, 178 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cebu Island Intro, 58 reviews, 183 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Taiwan Intro, 53 reviews, 167 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Province of Laguna Intro, 47 reviews, 154 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bacolod City Intro, 50 reviews, 146 photos
- Singapore Intro, 49 reviews, 131 photos
- Concelho de Macau Intro, 41 reviews, 118 photos
- Bangkok Intro, 40 reviews, 114 photos
- Beijing Intro, 35 reviews, 112 photos, 2 travelogues