""ENCHANTING LAKE IN SOUTH COTABATO"" Top 5 Page for this destination Lake Sebu by limledi
Lake Sebu Travel Guide: 19 reviews and 50 photos
Lake Sebu, which is teeming with fish, and the two smaller neighbouring lakes Sultan and Lahit, are nestled into the southern Tiruray Highlands at an altitude of almost 300m. Around Lake Sebu live the tribespeople called the T'boli who live in almost total seclusion and produce rice, maize and sugar cane as well as breeding tilapia fish. They are famous for their brilliant costumes, intricate beadwork, creative woven baskets and traditional brass ornaments.
Try to arrange your schedule so as to include the colourful Saturday market, or, even better, the annual Lem-Lunay T'boli Festival (Helubong Festival) on the second Friday in November, which climaxes in wild horse fights the following Sunday. This festival is an unforgettable experience of rhythmic beat, ethnic colors and tribal presentations.
This lake is surrounded by rolling hills and waterfalls and is regarded by local tribesmen as a miraculous body of water that never dries up.
- Pros:Beautiful Scenic Lake.
- Cons:Kidnappings of Foreigners by Moslem Extremists 1996.
- In a nutshell:One of the Most Beautiful Lake In The Philippines!
Boating is a must do if you are in Lake Sebu. We really enjoyed the ride. The tour took us around the vicinity of the... more travel advice
limledi's Related Pages
Lake Sebu Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Bewitching Lake Sebu"
- ""ENCHANTING LAKE IN SOUTH COTABATO""
- "A Nature Trip.."
- "Lake Sebu - new shopping destination!"
- "Awe-Inspiring Lake Sebu"
- "Get thrilled with Lake Sebu"
- "The Summer Capital of the South.."
- See All...
- Things to Do in Lake Sebu
- Hotels in Lake Sebu
- Transportation in Lake Sebu
- Shopping in Lake Sebu
- Warnings and Dangers in Lake Sebu
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Lake Sebu
- 3 Reviews
- 11 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (16)
Have you been to Lake Sebu?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Lake Sebu
Top 10 Pages
- Kuala Lumpur Intro, 72 reviews, 202 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Manila Intro, 70 reviews, 178 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cebu Island Intro, 58 reviews, 183 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Taiwan Intro, 53 reviews, 167 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Province of Laguna Intro, 47 reviews, 154 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bacolod City Intro, 50 reviews, 146 photos
- Singapore Intro, 49 reviews, 131 photos
- Concelho de Macau Intro, 41 reviews, 118 photos
- Bangkok Intro, 40 reviews, 114 photos
- Beijing Intro, 35 reviews, 112 photos, 2 travelogues