"SIMPLY BREATHTAKING!" Top 5 Page for this destination Siargao Island by limledi
Siargao Island Travel Guide: 74 reviews and 254 photos
Dacu Island is easily my favorite in Siargao. In my opinion, it is better than Boracay which is crowded & commercialized. I love the emerald green color of the clear pristine water. The sand is powdery white. Sunset view is perfect. This is located just across General Luna in Siargao Island. I'll never get enough of this island.
Magpopongko Pool Lagoon is unique. You must come here during low tide to be able to swim in the pool. The water is deep especially on the middle. It is very nice & I just love it. It is one of the reason why we must visit Siargao. It has very clear & pristine water with fishes swimming around you. It is so called Magpopongko cause of the rock formation near the pool.
Sohoton Cove requires 2 hours of pumpboat ride from General Luna in Siargao to be able to reach it but it is really worth it. I got to jump from high places to the deep water. It's really for the adventure lovers. Especially memorable are the stingless jellyfishes which you can swim with. They will get near you in the water. Imagine swimming with multiple jellyfishes! You have to come here during low tide for the pumpboat to be able to enter the cove. You can also visit the Bucas Grande islets, Tiktikan Lake, & Crystal Cave. Really beautiful! Just be careful about the weather cause you've got to cross very deep waters.
- Pros:All About Nature!
- Cons:Expensive Transportation!
- In a nutshell:One of the Best!
We hire this car through a friend who lives in Siargao. The driver/guide charges P400 daily excluding gas to tour around... more travel advice
On our way back to General Luna from Dacu Island, we were just in time for sunset. I took shots of it. Really beautiful. more travel advice
limledi's Related Pages
Siargao Island Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Exploring Siargao Bounties"
- "SIMPLY BREATHTAKING!"
- "In Love with Siargao"
- "Island Closest to my Heart-Siargao"
- "siargao, surfing capital of the philippines"
- "Surf at Siargao"
- "Siargao Island, Surigao del Norte"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Siargao Island
- Hotels in Siargao Island
- Transportation in Siargao Island
- Nightlife in Siargao Island
- Restaurants in Siargao Island
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Siargao Island
- 22 Reviews
- 70 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 4 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (19)
Have you been to Siargao Island?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Siargao Island
Top 10 Pages
- Kuala Lumpur Intro, 72 reviews, 202 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Manila Intro, 70 reviews, 178 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cebu Island Intro, 58 reviews, 183 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Taiwan Intro, 53 reviews, 167 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Province of Laguna Intro, 47 reviews, 154 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bacolod City Intro, 50 reviews, 146 photos
- Singapore Intro, 49 reviews, 131 photos
- Concelho de Macau Intro, 41 reviews, 118 photos
- Bangkok Intro, 40 reviews, 114 photos
- Beijing Intro, 35 reviews, 112 photos, 2 travelogues