"SIMPLY BREATHTAKING!" Top 5 Page for this destination Siargao Island by limledi

Siargao Island Travel Guide: 69 reviews and 215 photos

Dacu Island

Dacu Island is easily my favorite in Siargao. In my opinion, it is better than Boracay which is crowded & commercialized. I love the emerald green color of the clear pristine water. The sand is powdery white. Sunset view is perfect. This is located just across General Luna in Siargao Island. I'll never get enough of this island.

Magpopongko Pool Lagoon

Magpopongko Pool Lagoon is unique. You must come here during low tide to be able to swim in the pool. The water is deep especially on the middle. It is very nice & I just love it. It is one of the reason why we must visit Siargao. It has very clear & pristine water with fishes swimming around you. It is so called Magpopongko cause of the rock formation near the pool.

Sohoton Cove

Sohoton Cove requires 2 hours of pumpboat ride from General Luna in Siargao to be able to reach it but it is really worth it. I got to jump from high places to the deep water. It's really for the adventure lovers. Especially memorable are the stingless jellyfishes which you can swim with. They will get near you in the water. Imagine swimming with multiple jellyfishes! You have to come here during low tide for the pumpboat to be able to enter the cove. You can also visit the Bucas Grande islets, Tiktikan Lake, & Crystal Cave. Really beautiful! Just be careful about the weather cause you've got to cross very deep waters.

• Pros:All About Nature!
  • Cons:Expensive Transportation!
  • In a nutshell:One of the Best!
  • Last visit to Siargao Island: May 2009
  • Intro Updated Jun 3, 2009

• davidjo's Profile Photo
    Jan 20, 2013 at 10:35 AM

For me Sohoton area is just as good as underground river. Stayed in General Luna for a month looking after my friend's bar while he took some time off. Terrific island to explore. We were lucky enough to be there for the surfing competition.

• jacigurl's Profile Photo
    Dec 18, 2010 at 12:17 PM

.. and don't want to be surprised with the cost... I know that it costs P1500 to do the island hopping to the 3 islands but I have no idea on the cost for the Sohoton Cove Thanks!

• Jan 11, 2010 at 9:01 PM

very nice photos, any more information on phillipines would be great. IAm from india. Let me know if u have plans for india

• adrianspencertaylor's Profile Photo
    Jan 4, 2010 at 4:39 AM

beautiful island

limledi

“have fun & enjoy!”

Badges & Stats in Siargao Island

Have you been to Siargao Island?

Latest Activity in Siargao Island