"Artvin" Artvin Ili by Fasulye
Artvin Ili Travel Guide: 69 reviews and 219 photos
From the south of eastern Anatolia to the Black Sea there were a series of communications fortresses which could rapidly relay messages over hundreds of miles in ancient times. Messages were relayed optically with signal fires that could be seen (line-of-sight) from high points such that observers seeing a signal fire would respond by "passing along the message" to the next communications fortress beyond line of sight of the first.
Artvin is a city near the Black Sea that can be accessed by a north-south road from Erzurum Turkiye. This picture shows one of the communications fortresses going up the Oltu Gorge through which this road to Artvin passes.
Fasulye's Related Pages
Artvin Ili Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Around Artvin"
- "Sound of Nature"
- "ayder in kackar montain"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Artvin Ili
- Hotels in Artvin Ili
- Transportation in Artvin Ili
- Nightlife in Artvin Ili
- Restaurants in Artvin Ili
- Shopping in Artvin Ili
- Warnings and Dangers in Artvin Ili
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Artvin Ili
- 0 Reviews
- 1 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (3)
Have you been to Artvin Ili?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Artvin Ili
Top 10 Pages
- Isla Cozumel Intro, 2 reviews, 11 photos, 2 travelogues
- Agra Intro, 2 reviews, 5 photos
- Grand Cayman Intro, 1 review, 6 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Majahual Intro, 1 review, 6 photos, 1 travelogue
- Belize Intro, 2 reviews, 4 photos, 1 travelogue
- Marathon Intro, 4 reviews, 2 photos
- Amasra Intro, 1 review, 5 photos
- Dogubayazit Intro, 4 reviews, 2 photos
- Istanbul Ili Intro, 1 review, 4 photos
- Garmisch-Partenkirchen Intro, 2 reviews, 3 photos
No friends yet.