"Mt. Ararat" Mount Ararat by Fasulye
Mount Ararat Travel Guide: 4 reviews and 41 photos
The volcano Ağrı Dağı (which means "painful mountain" in Turkish) has also been known as Mt. Ararat (since AD1100). Despite the fact that this volcano shows no signs of ever having been under water (no marine fossils, no pillow lava, no marine sedements) and may not have even been extant during the time of the Flood, many still believe that the Ark of Noah lies locked in the permanent glacier atop the mountain. Many are convinced that the Ark lies within the in accessible Ahora Gorge on the north face of the mountain, which is in fact a giant "blow-out" that threw millions of cubic meters of material into Armenia-- so much so, that it pushed the Aras River many miles to the north of its original position. This "blow-out" is known as a "pyroclastic flow" which can move at half the speed of sound (mach 0.5) and have temperatures high enough to melt iron. Why would one expect to find the Ark tucked away at the origin of this monumental volcanic eruption? 15 km to the south lies a boat-shaped footprint on the side of another mountain that curiously has the dimensions of the Biblical Ark, is surrounded by marine fossils, has produced flood account-related artifacts, and is within the "mountains (plural) of Ararat" (see Genesis 8:4)
The Bible states that God set a rainbow in the sky as a sign that He would never again punish evil-doers with a massive flood. This picture shows a rainbow in front of Mt. Ararat as encountered in 1988. The western end begins in front of Mt. Ararat and the eastern end points to the Durupinar site near Uzengili, perhaps pointing the direction to the more probable location of the Ark landing site.
Fasulye's Related Pages
Mount Ararat Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Agri Dagi"
- "getting stuck on a mountain"
- "Mt. Ararat"
- "Mount Ararat"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Mount Ararat
- Transportation in Mount Ararat
- Nightlife in Mount Ararat
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Mount Ararat
- 0 Reviews
- 2 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (6)
Have you been to Mount Ararat?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Mount Ararat
Top 10 Pages
- Isla Cozumel Intro, 2 reviews, 11 photos, 2 travelogues
- Agra Intro, 2 reviews, 5 photos
- Grand Cayman Intro, 1 review, 6 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Majahual Intro, 1 review, 6 photos, 1 travelogue
- Belize Intro, 2 reviews, 4 photos, 1 travelogue
- Marathon Intro, 4 reviews, 2 photos
- Dogubayazit Intro, 4 reviews, 2 photos
- Amasra Intro, 1 review, 5 photos
- Istanbul Ili Intro, 1 review, 4 photos
- Garmisch-Partenkirchen Intro, 2 reviews, 3 photos
No friends yet.