"Fairyland!!!" Top 5 Page for this destination Yangshuo by albaaust

Yangshuo Travel Guide: 610 reviews and 1,706 photos

Yangshuo for us was revelation. We had read about Guilin but not Yangshuo. It was just sheer good fortune that we ended up spending a wonderful 4 days here.

The landscapes are referred to as fairyland and for me that is certainly what I thought it was like especially at sunset.

Yangshuo is actually a region divided into 6 towns and 3 districts with a population of 300,000 (made up of the Zhuan, Yao, Hui, Bai and Dong minorities) and covers an area of 1,400 kilometres. It is 65 kilometres south of Guilin. Most people I believe would spend most of the time in Yangshuo town itself which is what we did.

There are a number of ways to get to Yangshuo. We chose the route of going from Guilin by boat and going back to Guilin by taxi. Other people might use a bus.

See also our general page China

• Pros:Breathtaking scenery
  • Cons:I can see it is going to be more overrun with tourists!!!
  • In a nutshell:Wonderful, wonderful
  • Last visit to Yangshuo: Dec 2006
  • Intro Updated Aug 11, 2007

• pure1942's Profile Photo
    Jun 29, 2009 at 3:47 PM

Great page Alice. Looking forward to seeing Yangshuo for myself in September. Thanks for the tips. Brian

• lindyz's Profile Photo
    Jun 14, 2009 at 4:40 PM

Alice, Ive taken down Wendys details and hope to book her for a day in Yangshao-will tell her she comes highly recommended from you! Im assuming she lives in Yangshao, we are staying in Guilin, but will spend a whole day in Yangshao.

• Mar 22, 2009 at 5:37 PM

My husband and I are off to Yangshou in April and we appreciate your comments and insights.

• nepalgoods's Profile Photo
    Jan 5, 2009 at 2:25 AM

Very interesting page! Lovely!

• Mar 29, 2008 at 7:54 AM

Will be here soon! China is in my list travel

• tuff's Profile Photo
    Jan 17, 2008 at 8:31 AM

I visited Yangshuo 20 years ago and I missed most of the experience you had. I must be traveled with the wrong tour guide. I need to contact Wendy and go back again.

• melosh's Profile Photo
    Dec 3, 2007 at 10:09 AM

My fall trip moved to January. I just spend two hours searching for your pages and the contact info for Wendy.

• easterntrekker's Profile Photo
    Nov 18, 2007 at 8:55 AM

Just love your pictures . Thanks for sharing . The scenery there is spectacular , isn't it!!

• elpariente's Profile Photo
    Jun 3, 2007 at 1:29 AM

Great pages Thank you Gracias!!!!!

• mad4travel's Profile Photo
    Apr 20, 2007 at 4:28 AM

Good tips and stunning pics. I think you had better weather than when I was there!

albaaust

“Its not the number of breaths you take it's the moments that take your breath away.”

Badges & Stats in Yangshuo

Have you been to Yangshuo?

Latest Activity in Yangshuo