"Mandalay- a place of underlying contrasts" Mandalay by albaaust
Mandalay Travel Guide: 327 reviews and 936 photos
Mandalay is certainly a city with a lot of charm. It has some beautiful pagodas, significant sights but underneath it all for me was a sense of extreme poverty.
Take this picture of an orphan boy playing in the rain at one one of the pagodas.....
- Pros:People, scenery
- Cons:poor infrastructure, poverty
Well somehow we did not have to pay fees around Mandalay but we did not escape paying the fees for Sagaing and... more travel advice
When you go to Amarpura and U Bein Bridge there are a number of boatsmen who will offer to take you across the river. In... more travel advice
albaaust's Related Pages
Mandalay Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Mandalay y las ciudades antiguas"
- "My Road to Mandalay"
- "Second city but not second best."
- "Sunset at U Bein Bridge, Amarapura, Mandalay (1)"
- "Mandalay- a place of underlying contrasts"
- "Quite an experience"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Mandalay
- Hotels in Mandalay
- Transportation in Mandalay
- Nightlife in Mandalay
- Restaurants in Mandalay
- Shopping in Mandalay
- Warnings and Dangers in Mandalay
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Mandalay
- 26 Reviews
- 40 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 5 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (20)
Have you been to Mandalay?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Mandalay
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Broome Intro, 35 reviews, 79 photos, 2 travelogues
- Cottesloe Intro, 37 reviews, 66 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Yangshuo Intro, 36 reviews, 66 photos, 1 travelogue
- Darwin Intro, 22 reviews, 64 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Pingyao Intro, 33 reviews, 53 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Xi'an Intro, 28 reviews, 54 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Nanjing Intro, 25 reviews, 49 photos
- Beijing Intro, 23 reviews, 49 photos
- Washington D.C. Intro, 22 reviews, 49 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Rangoon Intro, 24 reviews, 47 photos, 2 travelogues