"Dumaguete, indeed the City of Gentle People" Top 5 Page for this destination Dumaguete City by anliz99
Dumaguete City Travel Guide: 215 reviews and 550 photos
Dumaguete is not your usual summer destination unlike Boracay and Palawan. I'm not exactly sure what started us looking at Dumaguete for our annual summer outing. But once we decided on it, I started reading about the place and found myself facinated and excited about the trip. Apparently, there are a lot of must-see places in Dumaguete. What more, I saw this special on Apo Island in Living Asia.
So all 5 of us set off for Dumaguete last April 19 for a 4d/3n trip. We decided on Sta Monica Beach Resort so we can still swim in the pool when not on the beach. Heard also that the place and service is good.
They say that Dumaguete is the city of gentle people. And from our experience with them, this is indeed true. The place has the best of both worlds. You have all the beaches and natural wonders. At the same time, you have the city with all the modern amenities. It was great just walking along their boulevard and sampling the street food in their night tempura place. They set up all these tables and chairs along the boulevard at night. You can buy squid balls, balot, fish tempura etc.
Our itinerary was this:
1st day - check in at the resort, rest, go to CasaRoro Falls in Valencia
2nd day - dolphin watching in Bais, visit the Manjuyod sandbar
3rd day - snorkeling in Apo Island
4th day - enjoy the resort, mass, home
Basically, we spent about P10,700 each in total.
Plane fare - P4,000
Rooms (de luxe rooms in Sta Monica) - P2,700
Transfer/terminal Fee - P300
Tours/fares/food - P3,700
I guess if you get rooms in the city (P800/room), you will save about P1,200 for the rooms plus about 500 more for fares. And if you do it in non-peak months where there are P1 fare, that's 2k less on the budget. That means you can do a trip in Dumaguete for P7k!
Check the details of our trips in my 'Things to Do' tips.
There's so many great photo opportunities in Dumaguete. The Manjuyod sandbar in itself is a photographer's dream. Same thing for the CasaRoro Falls and the rock in Apo Island. You can never take bad pictures!
I was even able to get a shot and video of the dolphins that crossed our path on our way to Apo Island. We were a bit frustrated in our dolphin watching trip in Bais because we didn't see any. But the next day made up for it coz we stumbled upon them :)
- Pros:great snorkeling, cheap food
- Cons:big waves
- In a nutshell:A Great Summer Alternative!
For the Apo Island trip, we decided to DIY. We met up with the Tagle family at the Zamboangita wharf so we can share a... more travel advice
We left Sta Monica at 1pm and took their 'taxi' to bring us to Valencia. In Valencia, the driver let us off where there... more travel advice
anliz99's Related Pages
Dumaguete City Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Dumaguete - City of Gentle People"
- "Went for a few days and spent five months!"
- "Melting Pot"
- "Dumaguete, indeed the City of Gentle People"
- "Dumaguete City as a Hometown"
- "A Tribute to the City of Gentle People"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Dumaguete City
- Hotels in Dumaguete City
- Transportation in Dumaguete City
- Nightlife in Dumaguete City
- Restaurants in Dumaguete City
- Shopping in Dumaguete City
- Warnings and Dangers in Dumaguete City
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Dumaguete City
- 13 Reviews
- 21 Photos
- 4 Forum posts
- 0 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (8)
Have you been to Dumaguete City?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Dumaguete City
- Posted in Travel Rangoon Forum "Re: Can anybody suggest a 4D/3N..."
- Wrote a Review Sharp stones in Apo Island, bring aqua shoes! in Dumaguete City Warnings and Dangers
- Uploaded a Photo to "Day 3: Snorkeling in Apo Island"
- updated a Dumaguete City Travel Page "Dumaguete, indeed the City of Gentle People"
Photos in Dumaguete CitySee All Photos (21)
Top 5 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Puerto Princesa City Intro, 18 reviews, 50 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination El Nido Intro, 21 reviews, 37 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Coron Intro, 12 reviews, 26 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Dumaguete City Intro, 13 reviews, 21 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cagayan de Oro City Intro, 10 reviews, 17 photos