"Visiting Coron - another slice of paradise" Top 5 Page for this destination Coron by anliz99
Coron Travel Guide: 288 reviews and 795 photos
Visiting Coron, Palawan is another must-do for nature lovers. It presents you with awe-inspiring beauty that is both accessible and budget-friendly. Yes, folks, you do not need to spend a leg and an arm to see this place. Just a toe will do :)
For our trip last March 14-17 (4d/3n), we spent about P9k (P6k+P2.7k for airfare) each. With this budget, we took a couple of exclusive boat tours, we had great breakfast and dinners in different restaurants. We had a night at a bar sipping margaritas, black russian etc. And we gave a big tip to all the boatmen and waiters. For P9k, we had a great time and we didn't really penny-pinch :)
For those who want to enjoy the same activity but want to do it on a lower budget, CebuPac is now selling really cheap fares to Busuanga for as low at P1.1k roundtrip. Save on the food by eating in carinderias instead of restaurants, do a boat tour with others so you can share the cost, no high-end drinking... :) You should be able to do the trip for as low as P5-6k total :)
I think the better question is "What can't you do in Coron?" :)
Let me see....
1) you can take a dip in a HOT spring
2) you can climb 718 steps going up to Mt Tapyas
3) watch teenagers 'date' at the Lambingan bridge (their own version of a Boulevard :)
4) snorkel in Sieta Pecados
5) hike up and down (half the size of Mt Tapyas) to get to Kayangan Lake
6) boating, swimming and snorkeling in Kayangan Lake
7) short hike through limestone to get to Baracuda Lake
8) swimming and snorkeling in Baracuda Lake
9) see big shrimps in the lake
10) have lunch and just laze around the beautiful white sand of Banol Beach
11) laze around Kalachuchi Island
12) go snorkeling or diving around the different shipwrecks
13) swim through a hole to get to the Twin Lagoon
14) have a lunch of sinigang na sugpo, grilled porkchop, cucumber salad, adobong pusit, ensaladang talong and fresh fruits on a boat floating on a wreck
15) see the rows of pearl farms
16) get a nice tan
17) look for shells
18) hear mass at 6am on a Sunday
19) have a great breakfast of danggit and fried rice at Darayonan
20) eat 'dirty' ice cream
The list can go on and on and on... :)
Suffice it to say, we had a marvelous time. I'll be back! Definitely!!!
Most of all, it's great to chat with the locals. This will make your experience a whole lot more meaningful. I think this will transform you from being just a tourist to being a traveller. The locals are all so nice, Aling Janeth who owns the carinderia where we had the fish and crabs we bought cooked. Nonoy the tricycle driver. Eran the tour guide. The manong who owns the grocery and bakeshop in the market. Lola who helped us buy the fish and crabs. The people in Darayonan. The people in the bar at the Lodge... :)
- Pros:breath-taking limestone cliffs, clear blue lakes, white sand beaches, great corals
- Cons:bad road from airport to Coron town, occassional brownouts
- In a nutshell:Another slice of paradise!
We call them tricycles. Three-wheeled cars that can accommodate up to 5 passengers :) Going around town, the fare is P8... more travel advice
Best thing to do in Coron is look for that isolated island, have a boat bring you there and just relax the whole day.... more travel advice
anliz99's Related Pages
Coron Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "CORON, A PARADISE"
- "Wreck Diving Capital of the Philippines"
- "Visiting Coron - another slice of paradise"
- "WEEKEND IN CORON, PALAWAN"
- "The Mini-Venice of Philippines"
- "Coron, Palawan"
- "I held my breath seeing this plACE .."
- See All...
- Things to Do in Coron
- Hotels in Coron
- Transportation in Coron
- Nightlife in Coron
- Restaurants in Coron
- Shopping in Coron
- Warnings and Dangers in Coron
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Coron
- 12 Reviews
- 26 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 5 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (8)
Have you been to Coron?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Coron
Top 5 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Puerto Princesa City Intro, 18 reviews, 50 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination El Nido Intro, 21 reviews, 37 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Coron Intro, 12 reviews, 26 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Dumaguete City Intro, 13 reviews, 21 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cagayan de Oro City Intro, 10 reviews, 17 photos