"Adelaide - bend a knee or raise a glass" Top 5 Page for this destination Adelaide by wabat

Adelaide Travel Guide: 1,097 reviews and 2,602 photos

Additions now being made to this page - Feb 2015. Whole page is also being reviewed and updated - See below for progress.

Finding your way around my Adelaide reviews/tips

While you are, naturally, at liberty to read my reviews in any order you like (if at all!), as this is a fairly large page I have split the greater Adelaide area (and thence my reviews) it into a number of areas for this page and prepared separate pages on three suburbs (1- 8 below with 4,5 and 6 having a separate page).

To get your bearings the numbers below correspond to the same numbers on the map along side. The area covered by the map is approximately 35kms by 35kms.

Within each area I have developed ‘a loop’ which, if followed by clicking on the link to the next review at the bottom of each review, will take you through all reviews in that section. All reviews on this and the separate pages (4,5 and 6 below) are in at least one loop.

To start a loop click on the area, below, you would like to look at first.

At then end of the last review in each loop you will be invited to return to this page to select another area and/or leave a comment on this page. I appreciate your feedback so please do leave comments.

Thank you for visiting – do join me now for a look at:

As this page is work in progress I will add links here only when individual areas have been completed

1. Adelaide City Centre
... North Terrace - ( 29 reviews - 23 new January 2015, balance updated) - Adelaide's main tourist drag - If you only have a day in Adelaide this is where you might want to spend most of it.

... City East - ( 29 reviews - 24 new February 2015, balance updated) - This selection of reviews covers Rundle Mall (the City's main shopping area) and the East End (within the City centre) with its abundance of churches and pubs and lots more. Lots of interesting history here.

2. North Adelaide

3. Adelaide by the Sea - ( 24 reviews - all new January 2015) Outer Harbor to Brighton – Adelaide’s Seaside suburbs along the coast of Gulf St Vincent, excluding those having separate pages:

..........4. Semaphore ( seperate page with 12 reviews, updated Feb 2015); and

..........5. Glenelg

6. Port Adelaide (separate page)

7. Adelaide Hills and Foothills

8. North and Northeast Suburbs

101. Non area specific – reviews (mainly general transportation day trips)

• Last visit to Adelaide: Jan 2013
  • Intro Updated Feb 26, 2015

Apr 17, 2015 at 3:22 AM

Me again, coming back to read your loop of City East reviews. I’m glad to see that in addition to all the churches, this part of Adelaide also has an impressive collection of Victorian pubs. I found it interesting to learn that the 1839 liquor licensing law required a publican to provide for horses and corpses, in addition to live people.

• starship's Profile Photo
    Mar 27, 2015 at 7:50 AM

Another excellent page, Albert! Not completely finished but seriously plan to return and finish reading your excellent descriptions and research, tips, as well as admire your photos!

• starship's Profile Photo
      Mar 27, 2015 at 2:42 PM

Nothing much new on my pages, unfortunately!

Mar 27, 2015 at 4:42 PM

Haha i know you have lots of great stuff there which I have not read yet.

Mar 20, 2015 at 5:03 PM

Albert, I've just been reading your fine sequence of North Terrace reviews, only a few of which I had seen previously. I'll be back again for City East, having already read Adelaide by the Sea and Semaphore.

• toonsarah's Profile Photo
    Mar 15, 2015 at 1:15 PM

You're doing a fantastic job of structuring this page to make it more accessible. I really enjoyed my wanderings through East Adelaide today :-)

• kenHuocj's Profile Photo
    Feb 26, 2015 at 1:02 AM

Religious travel on the VT homepage features your continuing insights into Adelaide ;-)))

Mar 12, 2015 at 11:02 PM

Here I am....looking good

Mar 13, 2015 at 4:53 AM

Welcome back to my Adelaide page Molly, lots of new stuff with more to come.

• hunterV's Profile Photo
    Jan 25, 2015 at 12:39 AM

G'day, Albert! Thanks a lot for your comprehensive and interesting page about Adelaide....Good for you, mate!

Jan 26, 2015 at 1:39 AM

Than you for visiting Victor - I am working on this page right now and have lots more to add so do visit again :-)

Jan 18, 2015 at 12:06 PM

I'm glad to see you have completed your loop of tips on "Adelaide by the Sea" -- interesting reading, all of them. Where I grew up on Lake Michigan we also had some stretches of very modest-sized sand dunes, most of which eventually fell victim to suburban development. But enough were preserved to create a few State Parks in Illinois, Indiana and Michigan, where we went camping on weekends.

Jan 16, 2015 at 9:47 PM

You have explored and written well as usual...did you ride on the O-Bahn ?

Jan 17, 2015 at 5:00 AM

Thank you Marg, i spent a lot of time exploring Adelaide over Christmas and have a lot of reviews to write. i'll be breaking the page down into sections ..all will be revealed soon, lol. No have not been on O-bahm.

Jan 17, 2015 at 5:44 PM

I have a tip on it under things to do....was very interesting....MM

• telissa's Profile Photo
    Jan 8, 2015 at 2:01 AM

I am interested and looking forward to visit Adelaide - St Peter's Cathedral hopefully this year. :)

Jan 8, 2015 at 3:25 AM

I certainly recommend it. Any queries do just ask me or put them on the Adelaide Travel Forum.

• telissa's Profile Photo
      Jan 8, 2015 at 9:59 PM

Nice, :) This is the best way to get accurate information. This is so helpful, thank you!

• SallyM's Profile Photo
    Mar 23, 2014 at 10:33 AM

Really interesting and detailed tips. Now I can't wait for our trip in July!

Mar 23, 2014 at 1:40 PM

Thank you for looking reading.Im glad you found this page useful. Hope you have a great trip.

wabat Visits Here Frequently!

wabat

“I travel not to go anywhere, but to go. I travel for travel's sake. The great affair is to move. RSL”

Badges & Stats in Adelaide

Have you been to Adelaide?

Latest Activity in Adelaide