"Adelaide - bend a knee or raise a glass" Top 5 Page for this destination Adelaide by wabat
Adelaide Travel Guide: 1,091 reviews and 2,586 photos
Additions now being made to this page - Feb 2015. Whole page is also being reviewed and updated - See below for progress.
While you are, naturally, at liberty to read my reviews in any order you like (if at all!), as this is a fairly large page I have split the greater Adelaide area (and thence my reviews) it into a number of areas for this page and prepared separate pages on three suburbs (1- 8 below with 4,5 and 6 having a separate page).
To get your bearings the numbers below correspond to the same numbers on the map along side. The area covered by the map is approximately 35kms by 35kms.
Within each area I have developed ‘a loop’ which, if followed by clicking on the link to the next review at the bottom of each review, will take you through all reviews in that section. All reviews on this and the separate pages (4,5 and 6 below) are in at least one loop.
To start a loop click on the area, below, you would like to look at first.
At then end of the last review in each loop you will be invited to return to this page to select another area and/or leave a comment on this page. I appreciate your feedback so please do leave comments.
Thank you for visiting – do join me now for a look at:
As this page is work in progress I will add links here only when individual areas have been completed
1. Adelaide City Centre
... North Terrace - ( 29 reviews - 23 new January 2015, balance updated) - Adelaide's main tourist drag - If you only have a day in Adelaide this is where you might want to spend most of it.
... City East - ( 29 reviews - 24 new February 2015, balance updated) - This selection of reviews covers Rundle Mall (the City's main shopping area) and the East End (within the City centre) with its abundance of churches and pubs and lots more. Lots of interesting history here.
2. North Adelaide
3. Adelaide by the Sea - ( 24 reviews - all new January 2015) Outer Harbor to Brighton – Adelaide’s Seaside suburbs along the coast of Gulf St Vincent, excluding those having separate pages:
..........4. Semaphore ( seperate page with 12 reviews, updated Feb 2015); and
6. Port Adelaide (separate page)
7. Adelaide Hills and Foothills
8. North and Northeast Suburbs
101. Non area specific – reviews (mainly general transportation day trips)
A criticism often leveled against Adelaide is that it is a city of old people, for old people. When I first starting... more travel advice
As you admire Adelaide’s beautiful Town Hall (see my separate review) do imagine being here in 1904 when ‘the Prophet... more travel advice
wabat's Related Pages
Adelaide Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Adelaide - bend a knee or raise a glass"
- "ADELAIDE - THE FORGOTTEN CAPITAL CITY!"
- "Don't Overlook Adelaide"
- "IMPREXXION: ADELAIDE"
- " Adelaide"
- "Welcome to my home town"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Adelaide
- Hotels in Adelaide
- Transportation in Adelaide
- Nightlife in Adelaide
- Restaurants in Adelaide
- Shopping in Adelaide
- Warnings and Dangers in Adelaide
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Adelaide
- 113 Reviews
- 465 Photos
- 9 Forum posts
- 26 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (37)
Have you been to Adelaide?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Adelaide
- Posted in Travel Sydney Forum "Re: 5 nights Sydney with toddler..."
- updated a Adelaide Travel Page "Adelaide - bend a knee or raise a glass"
- Commented on one of wabat's Adelaide tips
- Wrote a Review Adelaide for young and old about City Architecture in Adelaide Things to Do
- Uploaded a Photo to "Adelaide for young and old"
Photos in AdelaideSee All Photos (465)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Canberra Intro, 184 reviews, 781 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Adelaide Intro, 113 reviews, 465 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sydney Intro, 102 reviews, 415 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Riga Intro, 81 reviews, 379 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination P'yongyang Intro, 69 reviews, 311 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Enniskillen Intro, 61 reviews, 248 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ascension Island Intro, 38 reviews, 156 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Gundagai Intro, 37 reviews, 148 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Saint Helena Intro, 36 reviews, 135 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Derry Intro, 38 reviews, 122 photos