"Wonderful, immoral, tempting and terribly ........" Top 5 Page for this destination Canberra by wabat
Canberra Travel Guide: 951 reviews and 2,618 photos
In 1963 Prime Minister Menzies described Canberra as:
While you are at liberty to delve into reviews and tips on this page and look at them in any order you like, as this page has started to grow, I have decided to group my offerings into manageable sections (see below) based on geographic location (Canberra’s Districts) within the city and its surrounding area. While the actual Districts are as depicted along side I have taken some liberties given the relative importance of Districts from a visitor perspective. Accordingly I have:
• carved out of North and South Canberra the area commonly referred to as the Parliamentary Triangle (picture below) and divided it into two
• Carved ANZAC Drive and the area around the National Australian War Memorial out of North Canberra
• combined Weston Creek and Woden
• added Hall Village in the north of the Australian Capital Territory to Gungahlin.
Sights in other outer Districts of the Australian Capital Territory are combined into the closest District or grouping listed, though I have a separate page on Tidbinbilla Nature Reserve and Namadgi National Park.
The final grouping - Cycling and Driving Routes – includes reviews which cover two or more Districts and are essentially composite reviews/tips wherein I link to many other reviews.
If you chose to follow the reviews within one of these grouping (by clicking on ‘Next review’ at the end of each review) do not follow links within individual reviews (unless they leave my Canberra Page – in which case, by all means follow it but do come back!) as each review on my Canberra page excluding those separately grouped under Transportation, Warnings and Dangers and Restaurants is covered in one of the groupings below.
Select one of the following and enjoy the journey
1. The Parliamentary Triangle – South Side 26 reviews/tips
2. The Parliamentary Triangle – North Side 17 reviews/tips
3. Australian National War Memorial & ANZAC Parade 29 reviews/tips
4. North Canberra 24 reviews/tips
....North Canberra B 4 reviews/tips
5. South Canberra 13 reviews/tips
6. Gungahlin, Hall and Northern ACT 2 reviews/tips
7. Belconnen 1 review/tip
8. Woden, Weston Creek and Western ACT 6 reviews/tips
9. Tuggeranong and Southern ACT 6 reviews/tips
10. Cycle and Drive Routes – Composite tips 9 reviews/tips
Being aware that some readers on Virtual Tourist like to easily find new reviews, I will also group new reviews added in a particular period (commencing July 2014) and indicate the next new review thus “Next xxxx to xxxx Reivew ”, xxxx to xxxx being the period grouped. New reviews are also combined into one of the groupings above so this additional grouping need only concern readers who are reading this page on a regular basis.
New Canberra reviews Dec 2014 - 5 May 2015 21 reviews/tips
New Canberra reviews July – November2014 10 reviews/tips
I have been going to Hudsons in Dickson on a regular basis now for many years. This Vietnamese family café which only... more travel advice
Apart from the St John the Baptist Russian Orthodox Church on the outskirts of Narrabundah there is little to attract... more travel advice
- See All Mown and Grown in Fyshwick
- Canberra and Region Visitors Centre
- See All Locally handcrafted curios
wabat's Related Pages
Canberra Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Wonderful, immoral, tempting and terribly ........"
- "CANBERRA - Aboriginal for "MEETING PLACE""
- "The Bush Capital..or..a good sheep paddock wasted?"
- "A Capital Idea"
- "Canberra Our Home"
- "A Capital City in the Middle of Nowhere"
- "CANBERRA, WE KEEP COMING BACK HERE!"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Canberra
- Hotels in Canberra
- Transportation in Canberra
- Nightlife in Canberra
- Restaurants in Canberra
- Shopping in Canberra
- Warnings and Dangers in Canberra
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Canberra
- 161 Reviews
- 672 Photos
- 11 Forum posts
- 32 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (32)
Have you been to Canberra?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Canberra
Photos in CanberraSee All Photos (672)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Canberra Intro, 161 reviews, 672 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Adelaide Intro, 113 reviews, 465 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination P'yongyang Intro, 69 reviews, 311 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ascension Island Intro, 38 reviews, 156 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Saint Helena Intro, 36 reviews, 135 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Derry Intro, 38 reviews, 122 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Enniskillen Intro, 28 reviews, 118 photos
- Gundagai Intro, 30 reviews, 116 photos
- Sydney Intro, 26 reviews, 91 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Goulburn Intro, 25 reviews, 89 photos