"Wonderful, immoral, tempting and terribly ........" Top 5 Page for this destination Canberra by wabat
Canberra Travel Guide: 977 reviews and 2,729 photos
In 1963 Prime Minister Menzies described Canberra as:
While you are at liberty to delve into reviews and tips on this page and look at them in any order you like, as this page has started to grow, I have decided to group my offerings into manageable sections (see below) based on geographic location (Canberra’s Districts) within the city and its surrounding area. While the actual Districts are as depicted along side I have taken some liberties given the relative importance of Districts from a visitor perspective. Accordingly I have:
• carved out of North and South Canberra the area commonly referred to as the Parliamentary Triangle (picture below) and divided it into two
• Carved ANZAC Drive and the area around the National Australian War Memorial out of North Canberra
• combined Weston Creek and Woden
• added Hall Village in the north of the Australian Capital Territory to Gungahlin.
Sights in other outer Districts of the Australian Capital Territory are combined into the closest District or grouping listed, though I have a separate page on Tidbinbilla Nature Reserve and Namadgi National Park.
The final grouping - Cycling and Driving Routes – includes reviews which cover two or more Districts and are essentially composite reviews/tips wherein I link to many other reviews.
If you chose to follow the reviews within one of these grouping (by clicking on ‘Next review’ at the end of each review) do not follow links within individual reviews (unless they leave my Canberra Page – in which case, by all means follow it but do come back!) as each review on my Canberra page excluding those separately grouped under Transportation, Warnings and Dangers and Restaurants is covered in one of the groupings below.
Select one of the following and enjoy the journey
1. The Parliamentary Triangle – South Side 26 reviews/tips
2. The Parliamentary Triangle – North Side 17 reviews/tips
3. Australian National War Memorial & ANZAC Parade 32 reviews/tips
4. North Canberra 24 reviews/tips
....North Canberra B 8 reviews/tips
5. South Canberra 21 reviews/tips
6. Gungahlin, Hall and Northern ACT 2 reviews/tips
7. Belconnen 1 review/tip
8. Woden, Weston Creek and Western ACT 6 reviews/tips
9. Tuggeranong and Southern ACT 6 reviews/tips
10. Cycle and Drive Routes – Composite tips 9 reviews/tips
Being aware that some readers on Virtual Tourist like to easily find new reviews, I will also group new reviews added in a particular period (commencing July 2014) and indicate the next new review thus “Next xxxx to xxxx Reivew ”, xxxx to xxxx being the period grouped. New reviews are also combined into one of the groupings above so this additional grouping need only concern readers who are reading this page on a regular basis.
New Canberra reviews Nov - Dec 2015 21 reviews/tips
New Canberra reviews Dec 2014 - 5 May 2015 21 reviews/tips
New Canberra reviews July – November2014 10 reviews/tips
In Part 1 of this review (which you should look at before these one) I provide details of Canberra’s annual Enlighten... more travel advice
There are two ways to enjoy hot air balloons in Canberra – one - take a ride in one, and two - stand or sit and watch... more travel advice
- See All Katie Bender Memorial
- See All Coffee, Veggies and More
- See All Canberra – Sydney by Train
- See All What has happened here?
wabat's Related Pages
Canberra Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Wonderful, immoral, tempting and terribly ........"
- "CANBERRA - Aboriginal for "MEETING PLACE""
- "The Bush Capital..or..a good sheep paddock wasted?"
- "A Capital Idea"
- "Canberra Our Home"
- "A Capital City in the Middle of Nowhere"
- "CANBERRA, WE KEEP COMING BACK HERE!"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Canberra
- Hotels in Canberra
- Transportation in Canberra
- Nightlife in Canberra
- Restaurants in Canberra
- Shopping in Canberra
- Warnings and Dangers in Canberra
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Canberra
- 184 Reviews
- 780 Photos
- 20 Forum posts
- 40 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (37)
Have you been to Canberra?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Canberra
- Posted in Travel Ho Chi Minh City Forum "Re: which Mekong Delta tour"
- Commented on one of wabat's Canberra travel pages
- Wrote a Review Enlighten – 2016 – Part 2 about Festival - Enlighten in Canberra Things to Do
- updated a Canberra Travel Page "Wonderful, immoral, tempting and terribly ........"
- Uploaded a Photo to "Canberra Merry-Go-Round"
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Canberra Intro, 184 reviews, 781 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Adelaide Intro, 113 reviews, 465 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sydney Intro, 101 reviews, 410 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Riga Intro, 81 reviews, 379 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination P'yongyang Intro, 69 reviews, 311 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Enniskillen Intro, 61 reviews, 248 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ascension Island Intro, 38 reviews, 156 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Gundagai Intro, 37 reviews, 148 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Saint Helena Intro, 36 reviews, 135 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Derry Intro, 38 reviews, 122 photos