"Wonderful, immoral, tempting and terribly ........" Top 5 Page for this destination Canberra by wabat

Canberra Travel Guide: 901 reviews and 2,353 photos

In 1963 Prime Minister Menzies described Canberra as:

"Wonderful, immoral, tempting and terribly satisfactory"

• Intro Updated Mar 18, 2013

• tropicrd's Profile Photo
    Feb 26, 2014 at 7:32 AM

Haha. Love your quote. It sums it up perfectly.I like Canberra..good pages.qoute

Feb 24, 2014 at 12:11 AM

I showed your quote to a friend and she reminded me that Rockhampton had a one too...so as imitation is the sincerest form of flattery ..have a look
    "On the Tropic of Capricorn" - Rockhampton by wise23girl

If you scroll to the bottom of the intro I give you a mention!

Oh you might have to wait for the update to come through

Feb 19, 2014 at 12:51 PM

I sent your link to all of my family coming to Canberra...even Jeff who lives there...I just love the opening quote...just showed David.
    Molly

Feb 19, 2014 at 6:13 PM

Thanks, Molly I hope the are all "rating members" LOL - just kidding.
      I think quote is fantastic too..

Feb 19, 2014 at 7:46 PM

Hey you are No1 Canberra already and I am sure some help came from Poppy28 and dara5... and I think I have read every one of your Canberra very very good reviews....enough flattery for one Day!!!!LOL

Feb 16, 2014 at 12:54 PM

You live in such an interesting place Albert! I truly enjoyed reading your prose and learning your facts! Thanks for the tour.

Feb 16, 2014 at 10:42 PM

Thank you for coming back and reading and rating more of my offering. I am glad you enjoyed it. Canberra gets a very bad press and unfairly so as there is lots to see and do here. I still have much more to write -:)

Feb 17, 2014 at 8:27 AM

I can't imagine why it would get bad press! It looks like a lovely place to visit especially for those interested in history.

Feb 15, 2014 at 3:57 PM

Me again, coming back to read your recent tips and updates. Good that there are so many hiking opportunities near the city.

Feb 15, 2014 at 8:15 PM

Don, welcome back and thank you for reading and rating my tips.

Dec 30, 2013 at 9:34 AM

Pretty interesting so far Albert! I'll be back for more.

Jan 22, 2014 at 8:23 AM

Lot's to see and read here Albert! I'll be back for more. Thanks for the informative tour!

Jan 23, 2014 at 5:20 AM

Thanks for coming back. Glad you enjoyed again.

• balhannah's Profile Photo
    Oct 15, 2013 at 6:03 AM

I've really enjoyed my virtual walk through Tidbinbilla, now I will have to come a do the 'real' walk!

Oct 15, 2013 at 6:11 AM

Dee thanks for visiting .. Ive been down there last 3 Sats in a row. One big walk i still want to do there .. Maybe this sunday.. Maybe next week...
      Anyway appreciate your comments and ratings so far.
      Regards, Albert

Oct 6, 2013 at 2:47 PM

I've just had a look at some more of your fine Canberra tips. You're doing a great job of informing us about your home town.

Oct 6, 2013 at 9:53 PM

Canberra has a reputation of being dull and boring especially when compared to Sydney and Melbourne. While this may have been so many years ago it is certainly no longer true. There is much to see and do in this beautiful, clean and pollution free city. I hope you can visit in real someday .. In the meantime please continue enjoying my take on Canberra. Thanks for visiting and rating.

• blueskyjohn's Profile Photo
    Oct 5, 2013 at 3:16 PM

More great tip additions! Wonderful information.

Oct 5, 2013 at 8:46 PM

John thanks for visiting and rating my more recent tips. I am glad you enjoyed them.

Oct 2, 2013 at 2:11 PM

Me again, coming back for another batch of your Canberra tips. Lots of good research here!

Oct 2, 2013 at 8:09 PM

Thanks so much Don, Always a pleasure to have you drop in.

wabat

“I travel not to go anywhere, but to go. I travel for travel's sake. The great affair is to move. RSL”

Badges & Stats in Canberra

Have you been to Canberra?