Saint Helena by wabat

Saint Helena Travel Guide: 181 reviews and 589 photos

• MalenaN's Profile Photo
    Oct 12, 2013 at 11:35 PM

Very interesting morning read! You are lucky who has been able to visit such remote locations as Saint Helena and Ascension Island.

• MalenaN's Profile Photo
      Oct 13, 2013 at 12:35 AM

I'm going to Panama and to Ecuador again (the two last times I have wanted to climb Chimborazo, but have not done so jet, so next time that is a priority).

Oct 13, 2013 at 1:05 AM

Sounds beautiful, ecuador is one of the few LA countries I have not been to. Its on my list -:)

• Yaqui's Profile Photo
    Oct 10, 2013 at 6:19 PM

So many wonderful historical buildings to see and I enjoyed all the information. Lovely page!

Oct 10, 2013 at 9:20 PM

Dee, I'm glad you enjoyed your visit "to" St Helena and thank you for your kind comments and ratings.

• Nemorino's Profile Photo
    Sep 15, 2013 at 3:18 AM

This page has certainly become the ultimate authoritative guide to Saint Helena!
    Somehow I find it disconcerting to read that Napoleon put on so much weight in his years on the island. I now imagine him as looking like Elvis Presley after years of gorging on junk food.

Sep 15, 2013 at 3:52 AM

You flatter me unduly, I'm sure. Thank you.

I am pretty happy with it now I just need to check links and tidy it up a bit.

I have enjoyed writing the page nearly as much as I did visiting the island.

• hunterV's Profile Photo
    Sep 11, 2013 at 9:09 AM

Thanks a lot for your detailed and exciting narration and photographs....I felt as if I were a visitor of that remote place, too...

Sep 12, 2013 at 3:06 AM

Everyone who visit feels like they are at home among friends - it really is that sort of place. thank you for visiting Victor.

• starship's Profile Photo
    Sep 5, 2013 at 5:01 PM

Very detailed and fact-filled page about a place very few are lucky to visit! The dislike shared by Bonaparte and Governor Lowe was amusing. I rather liked best the oldest resident on the island, Jonathan! Great opening photo of the dolphin! Sailing on the RMS St. Helena sounds fascinating!

Sep 12, 2013 at 3:05 AM

Sylvia, thank you for visiting - it is indeed a fascinating place to visit. Granted is not cheap because of the cost of getting there but the memories are worth the cost. Combine it with Ascension Island.

• Nemorino's Profile Photo
    Jul 20, 2013 at 1:54 AM

Me again, coming back to read your new reviews and updates from the last three weeks. Fascinating!

Jul 20, 2013 at 6:33 AM

Thanks again Don. Glad you found reviews fascinating.

• balhannah's Profile Photo
    Jul 11, 2013 at 3:59 PM

What an interesting page! I'll never be here, so thanks for the information!

• Ekahau's Profile Photo
    Jul 7, 2013 at 5:03 PM

wow another saintaphile on VT!! love the pages these are the kind of pages that Make VT interesting to me --. so glad you could do this visit before the airport

Jul 7, 2013 at 11:27 PM

Paul, Thank you for visiting and glad you enjoyed. Yes things will change with the airport .. for good or bad will be a matter of opinion. It was certainly interesting getting the view of Saints on the topic.

• blueskyjohn's Profile Photo
    Jul 6, 2013 at 4:27 AM

Nice job on this page. Very informative! Thanks.

Jul 6, 2013 at 6:29 AM

Thank you, John. Glad to too you enjoyed.

• hunterV's Profile Photo
    Jul 6, 2013 at 3:24 AM

Thanks for your story about this mysterious faraway place...You have made it closer to me now...

Jul 6, 2013 at 3:59 AM

Victor, thank you for visiting. Im glad you enjoyed the trip so far.

wabat

“I travel not to go anywhere, but to go. I travel for travel's sake. The great affair is to move. RSL”

Badges & Stats in Saint Helena

Have you been to Saint Helena?

Latest Activity in Saint Helena