"A convenient stop from Agra to Khajuraho" Gwalior by castorp75
Gwalior Travel Guide: 70 reviews and 293 photos
For us, it was a convenient stop coming from Agra and heading to Khajuraho. Although a crowded and polluted city of approximately 800.000, it is still like a breath of fresh air after the tourist-packed Agra, it almost appears to be off the beaten track. Anyway, there are much less western tourists (we did not see more than 20) than in the so-called Golden Triangle.
Gwalior fort is far more impressive than its fame and the number of visitors it attracts. It is a large complex that is free to see, although if you go inside the palace, you have to pay an entrance fee (250.- Rs. for foreigners, I think). There is a surprisingly good sound&light show during the evening (250.- Rs/person) in Hindi and later in English as well. There is enough to see to spend a day wandering in the fort. You can also visit Jai Vilas Palace & Scindia Museum the other day. Though impressive, the entrance fee of 250.- Rs for foreigners seems a bit too much for the value.
This palace is owned by the local maharaja who still lives here but 35 rooms of his palace have been opened for... more travel advice
Gwalior is on the main Delhi-Bhopal railway line which makes the city a convenient stop if you come from Delhi/Agra and... more travel advice
castorp75's Related Pages
Gwalior Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Gwalior - home to the Scindia's"
- "Capital of Sindhias Gwalior"
- "Glorious Gwalior"
- "A convenient stop from Agra to Khajuraho"
- "Gwalior - hidden treasure"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Gwalior
- Hotels in Gwalior
- Transportation in Gwalior
- Restaurants in Gwalior
- Warnings and Dangers in Gwalior
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Gwalior
- 4 Reviews
- 3 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (2)
Have you been to Gwalior?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Gwalior
Photos in GwaliorSee All Photos (3)
Top 10 Pages
- Cannanore Intro, 5 reviews, 9 photos
- Mysore 5 reviews, 6 photos
- Khajuraho 5 reviews, 5 photos
- Varanasi 3 reviews, 6 photos
- Bangalore 6 reviews, 2 photos
- New Delhi Intro, 5 reviews, 3 photos
- Madurai 4 reviews, 4 photos
- Gwalior Intro, 4 reviews, 3 photos
- Agra Intro, 3 reviews, 2 photos
- Alappuzha 1 review, 3 photos
No friends yet.